Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SR 4] Dual Wielding Weapons and Multiple Targets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sleepy
I had my first two SR session. I am playing an Ork Adept with 6 magic, Agi 5 dual wielding pistols with Improved Ability 3 and Attribute Boost Agi 1 and a Pistol skills of 7 + specialization

Now I have a question on how to calculate the dice pool when firing both weapons with a single simple action.

from the SR 4 Book:
QUOTE (Attacker Using a Second Firearm)
Split the pool before applying modifiers.

QUOTE (Dice Pool)
The dice pool is the sum of the relevant skill plus its linked attribute, plus or minus any modifiers that may apply.

now my question is, are those extra dice from Improved Ability/Specalization/whatever dice pool modifier or not?

lets say my attribute boost scores 2 hits giving my Ork 7 Agi.
is my dice pool for every weapon:
a) ((7 Skill + 7 Agi) / 2 Splitting the Poo)l + 2 spec. + 3 Improved Ability = 12 for both weapons
or
b) (7 Skill + 7 Agi + 2 Spec + 3 Improved Ability) / 2 Splitting the Pool = 9.5 (10 for one and 9 for the 2nd firearm)
?

*edit*
my second question is what happens when I fire at 4 targets?
Multiple Targets
If an attacker firing a semi-automatic weapon engages twobdifferent targets in the same Action Phase, apply a –2 dice pool modifier when attacking the second target.

does it mean it is calculated per dice pool (-2 for this weapon switching the target) or -2 per additional target?

thx in advance
Fortune
The Dice Pool is Attribute + Skill (plus anything that directly adds to either of those). Everything else, both positive and negative, is a Dice Pool modifier, and is applied after splitting occurs.

In your case, Improved Ability adds directly to the skill involved (as would a Reflex Recorder), so would be calculated in before splitting the Pool. Specialization, on the other hand, is a modifier, so doesn't come into play until afterwards (if applicable).
sleepy
thx
my second question is what happens when I fire at 4 targets?
Multiple Targets
If an attacker firing a semi-automatic weapon engages twobdifferent targets in the same Action Phase, apply a –2 dice pool modifier when attacking the second target.

does it mean it is calculated per (splitted) dice pool (-2 for this weapon switching the target) or -2 per additional target?
Fortune
After you have split the Pool, you would apply a -2 modifier to each sub-Pool (after the first) that you use against a different target. If you end up firing at 4 separate targets in the same Action Phase, the first shot (or burst) would have no modifier, the second would have a -2 dice pool, the third would receive a -4, and the fourth target would benefit from your taking a -6 penalty to the sub-pool used to shoot at him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012