Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fasa 3rd Edition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanos007
Just got these 3 books off ebay. How compatable are they with Fan Pro 3rd edition?

Thanks,

Thanos
winterhawk11
There's no difference (other than updated errata and whatnot) between FASA-branded 3rd edition books and Fanpro-branded 3rd edition books.
moosegod
And he means no difference. You'll see self-references to FASA in FanPro books, although I expect we'll see purges as the lines get cleaned up.
darloth
Actually, there is one big difference, but its not the content.

Oh no.

Its the binding.

My fasa books have almost fallen apart after around two years of use, especially the main rulebook (And for some obscure reason, as i don't use it too much) Matrix.

However, the Fanpro books seem to have a much better binding overall, and i consistantly envy someone elses SR3. They even still have the colour pictures near the back in there...
Adam
Yet they're printed and bound at exactly the same place as the FASA books. . . smile.gif
moosegod
Adam, I tend to be a nitpicker. Is there a place that I can drop the misspellings and minor errors I catch?

Or do you guys have that covered>
Pistons
First, I'd check to see what printing you have before sending off any rules corrections; you may have "caught" something that was already covered in an errata. smile.gif

Second, typos are usually (although not always) caught and of secondary importance to rules corrections. If you have the latter, it's best to send them off to info@shadowrunrpg.com.
moosegod
Alright, thanks.

But you're not Adam and I asked Adam!

wink.gif
Adam
First, I'd check to see what printing you have before sending off any rules corrections; you may have "caught" something that was already covered in an errata.

Second, typos are usually (although not always) caught and of secondary importance to rules corrections. If you have the latter, it's best to send them off to info@shadowrunrpg.com.

There. smile.gif
moosegod
Well, happy birthday to you to! biggrin.gif

BTW, I was kidding.
Rajaat99
They're printed at the same place? No way. My FASA books fell apart rather quickly, but my Fan Pro books are holding togeather much better.
Strange.
Tanka
Ever think the quality of glue has improved?
Ancient History
I've never, ever had a book I bought (with the exception of one first-edition book missing half the spine I bought used) ever lose pages. And I live in fuckin' Florida. So You guys must be really tough on your books or something.
TinkerGnome
Part of it appears to be the luck of the draw and part of it appears to be how you read the book. Personally, I never bend book spines fully open (don't know why, I just don't) and my books have held together fine. And I've seen several SR3s that've had to be rebound, etc. Same climate and everything...
Zolhex
I have books that have never had a page come loose of course they are hardcovers but hey they last. Now don't get me wrong I have lots of books most of which are good to go a couple of them have 1 or 2 pages loose but the main books it just seems they fall apart. As to climate I have lived in Michigan and now live in Florida and have seen my main books that are paperback fall apart so climate has little effect I belive. Now relize one thing I am the one with the books that eveybody uses so it is to me considered excessive wear and tear seeing as 4 or more people are useing the same book in excess on a regular basis.

As to hardcovers I don't know about you but I personally would pay more for hardcovers to all the releases but that will never happen seeing as there is too much money to be made from people replaceing books the come apart.
Tanka
Refer to my previous reply...
WhiteRabbit
QUOTE (Ancient History)
And I live in fuckin' Florida.  So You guys must be really tough on your books or something.

Or it is possible that the high humidity in Florida keeps the glue in better shape, while the low humidity where I live causes it to dry out and become brittle.
Artemus
My Corporate Download copy was about to start falling apart. It's not like I really used the damn thing, I read it but that was it. Meanwhile, by DotSW copy I have really abused it. Are you sure you didn't ask for better glue?

I don't know about humidity in Florida, but I left my DotSW copy inside my car around 11 am for about an hour. Sure enough when I got back in the car and looked at the book the glue was melting - the spine was pretty damn hot. I thought I had lost my book. After some cooling down it was just fine.

Slash_Thompson
mine always came apart fastest in winter, back when I lived in Wisconsin, cold and dry, so brittle might be the answer

my 2 unnecessary bits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012