Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ray Gun!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Xane
Probably have seen it, but it's kinda neat. Sort of like the SR4 Pain inducer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/29/...in3891865.shtml
Earlydawn
I tell ya, man.. DEWs (Directed Energy Weapons) are the future, both lethal and non-lethal.

[Edit: As a side-note, the ADS has been in development for some time, so I think it's reasonable to state that it's essentially the inspiration for the Pain Inducer.]
Daier Mune
hmm. very interesting. imagine setting up static defensive 'walls' using this technology to create "Tresspass free" zones inside a building. walk over the painted red line and into a wall of hurt, unless you're wearing the proper EM shielding.
Synner667
Pain Inducers are easy..
..Use a TASP and really make someone's day [stimulates the target's pleasure centre from a distance] !!

For the energy requirements, it'd be easier and more sensible NOT to have continuous energy walls..
..Instead, the field activates as you step over the red line which is some distance before the field [giving it time to activate].
Kyoto Kid
...remember reading an article in Aviation Leak a number of years ago where they tested a focused Particle Beam projector for the now defunct SDI programme. While the weapon required a power source the size of a small office building, it was still rather impressive to see what it did to armoured vehicles and missiles.
Aaron
If by EM shielding you mean a metalized mylar blanket and a fencing mask, or better, then yes.
Daier Mune
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Mar 5 2008, 08:39 PM) *
Pain Inducers are easy..
..Use a TASP and really make someone's day [stimulates the target's pleasure centre from a distance] !!

somehow i don't think that would encourage people to stay away from sensitive areas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012