Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Words: Kid Stealth
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
coolgrafix
I couldn't help but think of Kid Stealth when I saw this.
Aaron
Yeah, that's sort of the physical advantage you get from them.
nathanross
Yeah, at least that kind of power, but with much smaller size.

I really want to see those Powerizers built for fast runningl. I dont even want to imagine how fast those things can go.
Aaron
I think the reason that running in them is so awkward is that the rest of the human body isn't designed to run that way. Most critters with an elongated toe/foot use them to push the rest of the body forward. Humans stand erect (or, in the case of gamers, hunched over), and so the center of mass is in the wrong place.
Method
QUOTE (nathanross @ Mar 5 2008, 06:05 PM) *
I really want to see those Powerizers built for fast runningl. I dont even want to imagine how fast those things can go.

You mean like Oscar Pistorius? cyber.gif

He was disqualified from the olympics because his legs offered him "a clear mechanical advantage..."
nathanross
Are we gonna debate whether or not it is an advantage? It clearly is, and even if it was not, it would still be outside what the purpose of the Olymics is. The same would be true in Shadowrun. Cyberware and Magic, no matter the effectiveness, are not fair in Sports unless the competition is amongst themselves.
chromedog
Kid Stealth's have all of that springy tension-y goodness built into them - not mounted on the outside like these, but that is pretty much a similar effect. Bear in mind, that KS also has the sickle claws on his - watching some of the tumbling happening in the clip, it isn't hard to see how he could easily disembowel someone or probably decapitate them with his kicks.
Sir_Psycho
I know the legs, and I've heard about Kid Stealth, but where's he from? A gibson novel?
Fuchs
Kid Stealth is a character from Michael Stackpole's "Wolf and Raven" stories, one of the first stories published for Shadowrun, if I recall correctly.
Method
QUOTE (nathanross @ Mar 6 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Are we gonna debate whether or not it is an advantage?
I hope to god not... that was done to death in another thread!! ohplease.gif
pbangarth
How do these devices work on a surface other than one that is hard and flat? Say, a sandy beach, a natural turf football field or a forest floor?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 6 2008, 03:39 PM) *
How do these devices work on a surface other than one that is hard and flat? Say, a sandy beach, a natural turf football field or a forest floor?

Sandy beach: Those flips kick sand in your face.
Natural turf football field: The football players beat you up because they just don't understand you.
Forest floor: They still work, but there's bear shit on 'em.

In all seriousness, I'd imagine they work the same way any other foot/leg system works on variable surfaces: Slightly differently, but more-or-less the same.
Stahlseele
hmm, external kid-stealth legs for armor modifications O.o
all the goodness of the legs, without all the bad sides(essence, money and everybody and their mom knowing it was you later on because you're "that freak with the birdy-legs")
Herald of Verjigorm
I was describing these to a friend,and somehow there was also talk of American Gladiators. Anyway, the important part was this as a key revelation into yet another Azzie bloodsport broadcast.

Can You Outrun a Predator?

Very simply, people who think they are fast (athletes, kid stealth using cyber-twinks, SURGED ghoul night one adepts of the way of Horse, etc) try to outrun some sort of dangerous predator. It'll start easy, like with a rabid bulldog or something like that, but proceed to quicker and quicker dangerous creatures.
The sequence of the show would be fairly straightforward.
Introduce contestant and critter, blah blah blah.
Release the contestant into a large animal habitat where the predator for the round is sleeping. More filler as the contestant makes his way to the critter.
Contestant pokes critter (while this may not be neccessary to wake the critter, if the contestant does not poke the critter, he must run past the critter and touch the far end of the habitat to get the secure bunker to open).
Chasing.
One of three possible conclusions. If the contestant gets in the bunker and hits the door close button in time, some prize money and possibly a recurring contestant. If the contestant fails to reach the bunker, no cost and a new contestant next week. If the contestant and the critter both get into the bunker before the door closes, well, like the second option but the bunker may be repainted by next week.
Vegetaman
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Mar 6 2008, 10:47 AM) *
Kid Stealth is a character from Michael Stackpole's "Wolf and Raven" stories, one of the first stories published for Shadowrun, if I recall correctly.

Indeed. A great novel, and probably one of the best premises I've seen for a Shadowrunner. Tooth and nail to the core. cyber.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Mar 7 2008, 05:14 AM) *
Can You Outrun a Predator?

as in a ares predator with a hover mod? silly.gif
Vegetaman
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 7 2008, 08:12 AM) *
as in a ares predator with a hover mod? silly.gif

Hey, watch out, it might have it's own Smartlink. grinbig.gif spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012