Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal Martial Arts Qualties
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WearzManySkins
Ok is it "legal" to have more than one Arsenal Martial Arts Quality ie Martial Art Aikido 10 pts, Martial Art Capoeira 10 pts., Martial Art Karate 10 pts, and Martial Art Krav Maga 5 pts.?

Total of 35 points of positive qualities.

WMS
Daier Mune
I don't see why not. Your character would have just devoted alot of time an energy into studying different martial arts, something that is not impossible or unheard of.
Moon-Hawk
And once you're finished with CharGen, the 35 point limit is gone, so you can study even more.
Ancient History
Yes, you can take Martial Arts multiple times.
Method
QUOTE (Arsenal page 156 In Set Box)
additional styles may also be learned, but each requires the quality to be purchased again.

wink.gif

paws2sky
I don't have a copy of Arsenal to reference, but that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

In the balance of things, that's a lot of BP that could be spent on other things... like Edge or metatype or 175,000 nuyen.gif
Lyonheart
I wouldn't though, It would be better to take qualities you can't get after character creation and then buy up martial arts with Karma, maybe take a martial arts instructor as a contact.
BlackHat
I might agree, except that the base interval for learning martial arts is a month. In most of the games I have played, taking a month or three of downtime is kind of a big deal. Spending karma on just about anything else in the universe, doesn't have a learning time.

I think I would rather take martial arts at chargen, and then learn other advantages (that I can learn immediately as soon as I have enough karma) after chargen.
Jaid
actually, there apparently is an interval associated with learning new skills and such. i believe it's in the latest errata somewhere? or maybe a not-quite-the-latest errata?
Cain
QUOTE (Jaid @ Mar 6 2008, 07:04 PM) *
actually, there apparently is an interval associated with learning new skills and such. i believe it's in the latest errata somewhere? or maybe a not-quite-the-latest errata?

The latest errata, v 1.5. Page 3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012