Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sangre y Acero Arsenal Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WearzManySkins
Does Climbing Claws, Hand Razors, Hand Blade qualify under the Advantage for Sangre y Acero

+1 die for Exotic Melee Weapon attacks using a
cyber-implant in an unusual location

WMS
Kyrn
No. Items that use the Blades skill are not Exotic Melee Weapon attacks. They're Blades attacks. If you have a spur in your elbow, knee, dickhead or whereever, that will benefit from this bonus when you attack using your Exotic Melee Weapon: whatever skill.
It trolls!
No, unless you implant them in an unusual location. As long as they're on your hands, they're used with the blades skill (I'd state that even for climbing claws since Aug describes them as similar to hand razors). Examples for when the bonus would apply are spurs on a balance tail or the shock hand retrofitted as shock foot.
kanislatrans
finally I can justify the razor nipples I have been dying to have implanted! wobble.gif Thank you, Arsenal!!! wobble.gif
Jhaiisiin
"It's so cold she could cut glass with those things!"

"She couldn't, but *I* could!" *shink!*

"WTF?!"
Ancient History
You're welcome.
WearzManySkins
grinbig.gif grinbig.gif

OK lets talk cyberpenis with retractable horn......... eek.gif eek.gif

WMS
WearzManySkins
But back on topic.

Thanks for the input/information/pov's.

Jackhammer implanted in legs.
Grapple Hand
Oral Slasher
Oral Gun
Oral Dart
Eye Dart

Are just some of the possibilities then.

WMS
Larme
More fun ideas for unusual cyber weapons:

Toe razors
Knee blade
Butt pistol
Elbow spurs
Shock nose
Ear gun

NOTE: some of those might require GM approval. Like the shock nose.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Larme @ Mar 6 2008, 11:03 PM) *
More fun ideas for unusual cyber weapons:

Toe razors
Knee blade
Butt pistol
Elbow spurs
Shock nose
Ear gun

NOTE: some of those might require GM approval. Like the shock nose.

I can see the Street Sammie spinning around like a top (with balance augmentor ear 'ware) with knee blades, cyber spurs coming out of his hands and Elbows, Raptor Cyber legs with Toe Razors, and to top it off a Cyber Spur coming out of a Balance Tail.
Xane
The main drawback to a cyberspur on a balance tail is the fact that the balance tail is not under the users conscious control.
Whipstitch
Yeah, elbow and knee blades were the first ones I thought of. I envision the fighting style as being almost like a cross between the clinch fighting in Muay Thai and Greco-Roman wrestling combined with a dash of Arnis; you just get your hands on the poor bastard and go for a clean shot with a knee/elbow blade... devil.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Xane @ Mar 6 2008, 11:31 PM) *
The main drawback to a cyberspur on a balance tail is the fact that the balance tail is not under the users conscious control.

unless of course, you tweek the software to allow the user more control. Besides, the sammie could train on how to use the blade effectively. That is the reason for this type of martial arts.

QUOTE (Whipstitch @ Mar 6 2008, 11:36 PM) *
Yeah, elbow and knee blades were the first ones I thought of. I envision the fighting style as being almost like a cross between the clinch fighting in Muay Thai and Greco-Roman wrestling combined with a dash of Arnis; you just get your hands on the poor bastard and go for a clean shot with a knee/elbow blade... devil.gif

Or you could pull a Mike Tyson and chew on the guy with cyber fangs (poison optional)
Daier Mune
QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Mar 6 2008, 10:54 PM) *
OK lets talk cyberpenis with retractable horn......... eek.gif eek.gif

QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Mar 6 2008, 11:24 PM) *
Jackhammer implanted in legs.

Jackhammer cyberpenis?

all's fair in love and war i suppose, anyone wanna draw up the rules for a lady's set of titianium teethed, hydraulic powerd vagina dentata?
Vegetaman
I had a player use a cyber-spur in his foot so he could do spin-kick attacks in conjunction with his martial art style (Capoiera).
Adarael
Years ago, when 2nd edition was new, I made a street sam who used these kinds of items. His spurs popped from an elbow and shin - good for driving the two together after punching someone in the gut- and he had a set of extensible fangs which used finger razor rules, since this was before fangs were a standard item. I think he may have also had a cybergun in his cyberleg, with the barrel at the bottom of his foot, too.

Edit: Whipstich- yeah, clinch fighting! That was the term I was looking for.

While only the fangs would use "exotic melee weapon", I'd let the Sangre y Acero bonus apply to any of them. They're wierd places for cyberweapons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012