Full Version: Adept Centering
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
jmecha
Adept Centering (Adepts Only)
Adept Centering is a variation of Centering (p. 189,
SR4) available only to adepts and mystic adepts that allows
an initiate to reduce negative dice pool modifiers to Physical
and Combat skills by her initiate gradeā€”as long as she can
physically perform her chosen method of centering.

Does Adept Centering only work with reducing negitave dice pool modifiers gained from wounds? or would adept centering also help counter things like attacking multiple oppents, using your off hand, visablity modifiers, attacking while walking or running, recoil, etc....

Also, what are some of the centering methods some of you have used in the past with your characters no matter if they be spellcasters, adepts, or spell casting adepts
Kyrn
All negative dice pool modifiers.

And I've always enjoyed the gesturing and chanting geasa for spellcasters. For adepts talisman seems more apropos.
jmecha
QUOTE (Kyrn @ Mar 8 2008, 03:11 PM) *
All negative dice pool modifiers.

And I've always enjoyed the gesturing and chanting geasa for spellcasters. For adepts talisman seems more apropos.

Talisman like...The Karate Kid's head band ?
Kyrn
Precisely. Or an heirloom blade. Or the tooth of a piasma you killed in your tribe's initiation ceremony. Or the (unopened) condom your brother gave you before your first concert (for a social adept).

I prefer more personal talismans, but they're hella hard to deal with if they get taken away.
mfb
QUOTE (jmecha)
Also, what are some of the centering methods some of you have used in the past with your characters no matter if they be spellcasters, adepts, or spell casting adepts

Looking Good in Shades was my favorite. i've got another who will eventually be using Anger Management.
Fortune
Witty Repartee seems to work well. smile.gif
bibliophile20
I've used Chanting (Bushido Code) for a Japanese sword adept, a talisman (dead lover's locket) for a revenge oriented gunslinger and breathing exercises for a sniping adept.
Kingmaker
An old Irish Catholic gunslinger adept I played had chanting (psalms)-ripped straight out of Saving Private Ryan-and had to tithe his shadowrunning earnings to avoid breaking geas.
pbangarth
A classic centering technique is the 'kung fu' sweep of the arms as exemplified by Neo in "Matrix".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012