Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When must you declare Edge usage in an opposed test?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ranger
In an opposed test, if you are using Edge to reroll any dice that resulted in a miss, do you have to declare that you are rerolling before you know the results of your opponent's test, or can you declare that you are rerolling after you know the results of your opponent's test?
Cain
Generally, you get to see the results of the test before you spend Edge after the fact.
nathanross
Well to be honest, I guess both ways really. Depends on your GM. If I totally blow a roll and I am pretty sure it is a no go, I spend Edge then and there (Infiltration tests are a good example).

In some circumstances the GM may allow you to spend Edge after the roll to allow you a second chance. This may not always be the case though, and some tests I'd want the roll upfront. Really depends on the situation. If the players life is really in danger, let them spend edge after the outcome is known, otherwise I'd say no.
Jaid
QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 10 2008, 11:10 PM) *
In an opposed test, if you are using Edge to reroll any dice that resulted in a miss, do you have to declare that you are rerolling before you know the results of your opponent's test, or can you declare that you are rerolling after you know the results of your opponent's test?

handle it the same way you handle any other test. depends on how you want to use your edge, really.
Ranger
Thanks for the replies. Due to the varied answers, it's clear that the book is not clear. smile.gif

Since I'm the GM, I think I'll let the players use Edge even after they find out the result of the opponent's test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012