Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pimpin out my ride
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shinobi Killfist
My troll boxer adept Yos the Freight Train Johnson wants to pimp out his ride, he has spent more on bling than he spends on lifestyle in a year and he wants his Troll modded Harley Scorpion to be similarly styled. Using our riggers contacts I'm droppin 15k on pimpin my ride. I can find the game effects of this fine enough in arsenal, but what do you think 15k in ride pimpin would entail on a troll modded Harley. Basically I hope you all can give my DM some good ideas.
krakjen
One word: "SHINY!"
Like chrome everywhere, funky paintjob, some nice leds, neon lights under the frame, maybe an AR Virtual person/pet...

All depending on the (bad) taste of said troll and if you prefer playing pink mohawk or black ops style.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (krakjen @ Mar 11 2008, 11:44 PM) *
One word: "SHINY!"
Like chrome everywhere, funky paintjob, some nice leds, neon lights under the frame, maybe an AR Virtual person/pet...

All depending on the (bad) taste of said troll and if you prefer playing pink mohawk or black ops style.

He is sort of a Troll Version of Mike Tyson to give an idea. Not exactly pink mohawk but no where near black op style.
imperialus
Nanite LED's worked into the rims forming different patterns as the wheel spins but the picture always remains upright and stationary.

In our Hong Kong campaign our street sams van (dubbed the celestial harmony wagon) had the rims flash through the zodiac symbols.
krakjen
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Mar 12 2008, 04:49 AM) *
He is sort of a Troll Version of Mike Tyson to give an idea.

I don't know about the bike, but you should definitely make yourself an elven ears necklace biggrin.gif

QUOTE (imperialus @ Mar 12 2008, 04:52 AM) *
Nanite LED's worked into the rims forming different patterns as the wheel spins but the picture always remains upright and stationary.

In our Hong Kong campaign our street sams van (dubbed the celestial harmony wagon) had the rims flash through the zodiac symbols.

You don't need nanites to do it, I've already seen it on some cars.
But won't the forks/suspensions covering the wheels kinda spoil it on a bike?
BlueMax
All I can figure to add is the gyro stabilizer.
Cain
Extra-fat gas tank, for starters. Extended handlebars are always nice, especially for a troll. Spiked rims, extra-fat rear tire, a belt drive. If he has a sidecar, a hologram of a scantily-dressed ork lingerie model. And best of all, a modified exhaust system that rumbles loudly enough to break windows. biggrin.gif
imperialus
QUOTE (krakjen @ Mar 11 2008, 10:02 PM) *
You don't need nanites to do it, I've already seen it on some cars.
But won't the forks/suspensions covering the wheels kinda spoil it on a bike?

Yeah, but nanites would let you change the picture displayed on a whim. I'm also sure you could get it designed so that the forks didn't interfere or were integrated into the art.
krakjen
QUOTE (imperialus @ Mar 12 2008, 05:37 AM) *
Yeah, but nanites would let you change the picture displayed on a whim. I'm also sure you could get it designed so that the forks didn't interfere or were integrated into the art.

Ho yeah, that's nice! You can even send rude personalized messages on-the-fly to your fellow drivers on the road...
jago668
With the tech available in shadowrun, you could very easily have only a single tine of the fork for the front wheel. So only one side would have a spoke in the way of the image. The rear wheel seems like it would be more difficult, but probably within the realm of possibility. Though other than the front wheel that seems something you would have to design the bike for rather than customize into later.

To steal something from American Dad, you could have tailpipe(s) that fire out flames of specified colors. In the show had tailpipes that fired out red, white, and blue. For paint jobs, you could do a plain jane job, but ruthenium one that could be changed would be pretty sweet. Pay some guy to custom design new paintjobs every so often. Another idea is set it up with like a trideo player so every painted surface of the bike plays movies/tv shows/music videos etc. If you wanted to put something crazy on it, could have a little setup designed to launch a timed sequence of mini flares up and out. Not so awesome on a run probably, but might be interesting when heading home from the bar/club.
Fortune
Screw the Harley! Get your troll self a monocycle. wink.gif
imperialus
QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 11 2008, 11:24 PM) *
To steal something from American Dad, you could have tailpipe(s) that fire out flames of specified colors. In the show had tailpipes that fired out red, white, and blue. For paint jobs, you could do a plain jane job, but ruthenium one that could be changed would be pretty sweet. Pay some guy to custom design new paintjobs every so often. Another idea is set it up with like a trideo player so every painted surface of the bike plays movies/tv shows/music videos etc. If you wanted to put something crazy on it, could have a little setup designed to launch a timed sequence of mini flares up and out. Not so awesome on a run probably, but might be interesting when heading home from the bar/club.

Ooo how about a ruthenium paint job designed so that when you push a button it causes flames to shoot from the front of your bike and out through the tail pipe.
jago668
QUOTE (imperialus @ Mar 12 2008, 01:38 AM) *
Ooo how about a ruthenium paint job designed so that when you push a button it causes flames to shoot from the front of your bike and out through the tail pipe.

Oh where the flames appear on the front of the bike via the paint job, and traverse to the rear and finally actual flames shoot out? That would be pretty cool.
imperialus
Exactly.
cykotek
I give you Pimpstar.
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (cykotek @ Mar 12 2008, 10:39 AM) *
I give you Pimpstar.

Starting at $12,000... Is that for 4 tires? I think we need to update pimped ride to 2 x Car Value biggrin.gif
BlueMax
As for mods from Arsenal, I think these 4 fit. Your not a rigger, so your not getting anything extra out of control or speed. And I think that although the base costs are listed here, the extra difference can be labor and artistic effort. Most notably because Pimped out covers the various aspects of flavor text described in the thread thus far.

CODE
Gridlink                          750
Gridlink Override                2,000
MotorCycle Gryo Stabilization    2,400
Pimped Ride Level 2              4,000
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Cain @ Mar 12 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Extra-fat gas tank, for starters. Extended handlebars are always nice, especially for a troll. Spiked rims, extra-fat rear tire, a belt drive. If he has a sidecar, a hologram of a scantily-dressed ork lingerie model. And best of all, a modified exhaust system that rumbles loudly enough to break windows. biggrin.gif

I love this, thanks for the ideas.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 12 2008, 02:57 AM) *
Oh where the flames appear on the front of the bike via the paint job, and traverse to the rear and finally actual flames shoot out? That would be pretty cool.

That is an awesome image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012