Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Authors Public Chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
the_dunner
The next monthly CGL-sponsored Shadowrun chat will be this Saturday March 15th at 10AM PDT [17:00/5PM GMT]. Come and ask any questions you have for the developers. A lot of the regular freelance writers will be present, so you can direct questions at them as well. The chat will be held at the same Battlecorps Shadowrun chat URL.
Blade
Is there any general theme for this chat session?
Synner
We'll be making at least one important announcement, looking at the upcoming schedule, taking questions like last time, and then openning up the floor for people to ask the writers present questions (about the books they wrote for, freelancing in general, their ideas, breaking in, ask Dunner about the future of SR:M, that sort of thing). People who didn't make it to last month's chat should drop in and give it a try.

Catalyst is looking to make these Chats a regular monthly feature and a way to enhance communication with the fans, as well as pimp our current projects wink.gif.

We are not looking at a rules Q&A and FAQs with the developers and authors just yet because we're looking to publish several errata before that - likely next month's chat will allow some of that.
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Synner @ Mar 13 2008, 12:22 PM) *
We are not looking at a rules Q&A and FAQs with the developers and authors just yet because we're looking to publish several errata before that - likely next month's chat will allow some of that.

Is this saying that before next month's Chat, there will be an updated FAQ and more Errata posted? I like the sound of that.
Vegetaman
Dang, I don't think I'll be able to make this month's chat, but I do enjoy this idea a lot. I'll have to keep it in mind for next month.

I read the transcript to the last one. Very interesting stuff. smile.gif
Elve
QUOTE (Nightwalker450 @ Mar 13 2008, 08:31 PM) *
Is this saying that before next month's Chat, there will be an updated FAQ and more Errata posted? I like the sound of that.

In the last chat it was said, they'll release it before this month's chat...
Synner
We've had some server-related problems and have been unable to publish the materials as expected this week—if any of you experienced problems with the site last week that is why.
JongWK
FYI, the chat is under way as I write this...
TW
...and the bomb just dropped. In chunks, though grinbig.gif
Prime Mover
Just me or room stall out? Everyone stunned into silence by the announcement?
TW
slight backlog in answering the questions...
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (TW @ Mar 15 2008, 12:56 PM) *
slight backlog in answering the questions...

Doesn't seem to work for people using Vista. I can't get in at all.

-Frank
vladski
Can anyone point me to a log of last month's chat? Evidently a question of mine was answered there.

Vlad
TW
QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ Mar 15 2008, 01:58 PM) *

-Frank

yep, but I learned that from last month's chat already smile.gif
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (vladski @ Mar 15 2008, 12:59 PM) *
Can anyone point me to a log of last month's chat? Evidently a question of mine was answered there.

Vlad

Although Adam popped in in there.. again It is here
JavaLamp
I got in late.. what was the 'bomb'?
TW
QUOTE (vladski @ Mar 15 2008, 01:59 PM) *

Vlad

it can be found on the SR4 page: http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=210
vladski
QUOTE (TW @ Mar 15 2008, 01:13 PM) *
it can be found on the SR4 page: http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=210

Thanks!

Vlad
Prime Mover
The bomb? It was info about this headline.

"Fast Response Teams at SR headquarters failed to stop the extraction of current line developer. Peter Taylor under suspicion as he assumes his seat on the board."
WearzManySkins
I logged in too late what was the Bomb?

WMS
Elve
QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ Mar 15 2008, 06:58 PM) *

-Frank

Works for me under Vista...
Prime Mover
I'm not using vista, xp but been booted twice now.
Elve
Chat Log:

[ Spoiler ]
Prime Mover
My chat screen still has'nt posted that last paragraph.
Edit; For some reason my firefox was blocking battlecorp as pop up but only at the end of chat.
Earlydawn
Hurray for progress on Unwired! grinbig.gif
Malicant
Hurray for Vampire PCs! And Sasquatsches, too! spin.gif
Ryu
Important announcement indeed. Sets the expectations for next months chat real high!
(Must... remember... timezones... problem.)
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Malicant @ Mar 15 2008, 10:05 PM) *
Hurray for Vampire PCs! And Sasquatsches, too! spin.gif

trenchcoats and lightsabers, yay! silly.gif
Malicant
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 15 2008, 10:17 PM) *
trenchcoats and lightsabers, yay! silly.gif

Can you say Awesome? With a straight face? rotfl.gif
hobgoblin
hey, i dont mind. choice is good imo.

one more book for my to-get list.
Malicant
I actually agree. I like freaks. Sometimes.

Only thing that bugs me is the possibility of T H E M making diffrent rules for PC and NPC freaks.
hobgoblin
always a risk. one example is the hacks done in D&D to support monster manual races...

i guess the problem is "cool threat" vs "playable threat".

that is, said "freak" from the monsters chapter may not be something you throw at a out-of-chargen group...

its there to threaten them with at the start, and when they are finally strong enough to take it on and win, it gives a feeling of accomplishment.

the biggest problem can be that people will expect their out-of-chargen freak to be as scary, something that will tip the scales way out of balance.
the_dunner
I'm sorry I had to miss this one, but I'm glad Aaron was able to cover the SRM questions. Also, as Adam indicated in the chat -- if you want to be involved in Shadowrun Missions -- please drop me an e-mail or a PM here.
Blue eyes
Was a great chat with lots of info.

Really looking forward to Runner's companion, but Unwired and Feral cities both sounds interesting too so gotta get them all smile.gif
swirler
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 15 2008, 12:50 PM) *
My chat screen still has'nt posted that last paragraph.
Edit; For some reason my firefox was blocking battlecorp as pop up but only at the end of chat.

yes mine kept blocking even though I have it set to allow popups on battlecorp
grrr
Ryu
Yeah, I had some Firefox issues, too. Told me that it stopped the page from opening windows, despite battlecorps being on the whitelist. Beats me. If anyone wanted to PM me and I didn´t answer, by all means send me a PM here.
knasser

I wasn't actually able to make that time, but I did try logging in earlier in the day and couldn't. Kubuntu here. Can they not just set up / use an irc group? All the tools for chatting and logging are there and it seems like there are a lot of us how haven't been able to use the site. Last month was very frustrating for me as I knew the chat was going on but I spent about thirty minutes trying to get in.

-K.
swirler
QUOTE (Ryu @ Mar 16 2008, 04:47 AM) *
Yeah, I had some Firefox issues, too. Told me that it stopped the page from opening windows, despite battlecorps being on the whitelist. Beats me. If anyone wanted to PM me and I didn´t answer, by all means send me a PM here.

yes same here. If someone sent me a PM and I missed it please PM me here.
Adam
Official transcript posted: http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=218

[BTW, we will not have "big news" every chat. Don't expect it every time. wink.gif]
swirler
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 18 2008, 08:13 PM) *
[BTW, we will not have "big news" every chat. Don't expect it every time. wink.gif]

heh heh Imagine if you felt forced to announce something every month
I can see it now

"July SR Dev chat Big News: Both Adam and Peter got hair cuts!"
rotfl.gif
Ancient History
Adam doesn't cut his hair. He stares into a piece of curved metal taken from the spaceship that brought him to earth as a baby and burns it off with his heat vision.
swirler
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Mar 18 2008, 10:32 PM) *
Adam doesn't cut his hair. He stares into a piece of curved metal taken from the spaceship that brought him to earth as a baby and burns it off with his heat vision.

Now THAT has to save on the barber bills. But what if he needs a little more body? Does he have "Mousse vision"?
Feshy
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Mar 19 2008, 12:32 AM) *

That must smell awful.
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Mar 19 2008, 12:32 AM) *

How does he get the back of his scalp?
Prime Mover
QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Mar 19 2008, 11:52 AM) *
How does he get the back of his scalp?

All around cyber eye and mirrors to redirect the beams.

Prime Mover
I'll probably get a slap on the hand for even thinking this but.... There was some mention in chat of SM errata being close to done. Any chance we'll see it this week? And was curious is the rumored add on to SM coming with the errata or another time?
Adam
GODDAMNIT. My haircut was going to be a surprise -- who leaked the info?! frown.gif

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 20 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I'll probably get a slap on the hand for even thinking this but.... There was some mention in chat of SM errata being close to done. Any chance we'll see it this week? And was curious is the rumored add on to SM coming with the errata or another time?

Peter found a few more things he wanted to add into the errata, so I need to do that. I managed to get a big chunk of BattleTech work finished yesterday, and assigned another chunk of it to someone else, so I hope to finish the SM errata today.

The additional material isn't ready yet, I don't believe.
swirler
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 20 2008, 07:50 AM) *
My haircut was going to be a surprise -- who leaked the info?! frown.gif

I'll never tell!
ravensmuse
I'm sorry that I'm bumping an old thread (and a newbie doing it at that) but I'd just like to put support behind AI PCs. I love the different options you guys have given for characters (I'm one of the few that liked SURGE, I guess), and AIs, I think, would continue to make Shadowrun its own thing.

Thanks!
Fortune
No need to apologize. Even if it were an offense worthy of admonishment, 26 hours does not in any way qualify as an 'old thread' here on Dumpshock. biggrin.gif

By the way, welcome to the insanity. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012