Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evo Security Forces
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
YuriMilovic
Does any know the name of Evo's corporate security force. I'm working with a group to that want to run against one of the new high end hospitals Evo has in Seattle. If you do a description of the force and how you normally handle their tactics would be much obliged.
Critias
I'm gonna jump out on a limb here, and say it probably wouldn't kill anything to use similar stats and tactics (though it's no help with the name) for any other big-fat-megacorporation's security force. For the most part, I figure they're all pretty interchangeable -- it's only once you start getting into the super ninja upper echelons (Firewatch versus Jaguar Guard versus Red Samurai) that they start getting very different, I imagine (and even then, it's just a sort of "what flavor of death to they bring to the table?" at the high end).
imperialus
QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 15 2008, 08:33 AM) *
I'm gonna jump out on a limb here, and say it probably wouldn't kill anything to use similar stats and tactics (though it's no help with the name) for any other big-fat-megacorporation's security force. For the most part, I figure they're all pretty interchangeable -- it's only once you start getting into the super ninja upper echelons (Firewatch versus Jaguar Guard versus Red Samurai) that they start getting very different, I imagine (and even then, it's just a sort of "what flavor of death to they bring to the table?" at the high end).

I agree. At the low end (as in guarding the factory that makes Nerps) the sec forces used by a AAA arn't going to differ that much from each other. Even more important facilities (the office building that guards the recipe for Nerps) will be pretty interchangeable apart from the decor. Their high end forces eat most runners for breakfast though so it makes more sense for them to have kewl super powers.

As for little details to suggest, I'd expect that Horizons security would be inconspicuous, and on average better trained in real security rather than some of the more militant corps but that tall gentleman in the dark suit with the mirror shades sitting behind the desk might look unassuming, but he could probably rip you a new one if you don't show your ID badge after you cross the red line. A corp like Ares might have some unaugmented kleebe with a light pistol at the desk but a tac team member in full battledress standing behind him. The tac team member would probably be just as nasty as the suited man at Horizon but that's the point, it's just the presentation that's different.
Sir_Psycho
They target metaraces last for a change.
Sir_Psycho
edit: Which makes them the opposite of Red Samurai.

(double-post)
Rasumichin
There might also be a higher percentage of metahuman personell, access to discount bioware/genemods should also be considered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012