Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Licenses, legal ones.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
swirler
I have only been able to find info on illegal licenses and gun permits, not legal ones.

any info?
Malicant
What is this "legal" thingy you are talking about? rotfl.gif
nathanross
Are you hoping to take advantage of your SINer quality? I'd say something like 1/4 price for legal permits if it fits your background and as a shadowrunner you are actually willing to tie your crimes to your real self.

Personally as a shadowrunner, I'd never want things tied to my real SIN (if I even had one still). The disadvantage of having everything come back to the real you is very inconvenient.
jago668
I could think of a couple of situations where it could be handy. I wouldn't use the stuff on a run directly, but during footwork, downtime, etc it could be useful.
swirler
QUOTE (nathanross @ Mar 15 2008, 12:21 PM) *
Are you hoping to take advantage of your SINer quality? I'd say something like 1/4 price for legal permits if it fits your background and as a shadowrunner you are actually willing to tie your crimes to your real self.

Personally as a shadowrunner, I'd never want things tied to my real SIN (if I even had one still). The disadvantage of having everything come back to the real you is very inconvenient.

yeah I have some players who want to have real SINS and be "legal" in my upcoming game.
nathanross
QUOTE (swirler @ Mar 15 2008, 02:13 PM) *
yeah I have some players who want to have real SINS and be "legal" in my upcoming game.

Boy that sounds exiting for you! I wonder how long they can keep them clean. Are you gonna go easy on them? Seriously, my character is going through about a fake SIN every 3-4 runs. I'm almost thinking of just giving up trying to fake it. (Hence my thread on SINless)
jago668
Gloves, mask, and a sterilize spell has gone a long way for me so far with my mage. Strap on some shades just in case. Won't hide the fact that he was a dwarf, but good luck getting anything else.
Chrysalis
I am quite curious also on licenses. My own character is a SINner, which I understand to mean she has a criminal record, but accordingly to her back story would also have a valid drivers license.

How can she acquire one? More importantly how can she acquire a new one?

As an aside, but related how does a police officer or Lone Star agent on a routine traffic stop check the authenticity of a driver's license?

If it is any similar to today, the officer after seeing hundreds of drivers licenses a year should quickly be able to recognize a fake one.
The next step is to run it through the law enforcement databases for any flags, such as priors, weapons permits, outstanding warrants, etc.
kzt
SINner isn't a criminal. Criminal SIN means that.

How they do it depends on the game, as there are assumptions underlying how the game works that make a limited amount of sense.

In the RW, they run the license plate. This says who the owner is and if the owner is wanted or if the car is suspect in anything. If so, they make a felony stop.

Otherwise they get the license and registration from the driver and run it through the verification process that looks to see if it is valid, shows the picture of the driver (which should best match the guy behind the wheel) if there are any warrents or such out on him. I've seen some suggestions that some departments are using fingerprints to verify ID in the field. http://www.out-law.com/page-7519
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:G0N60_...;cd=1&gl=us

How is is supposed to work in SR is unclear.

The cop should be able to read the SINs of all the occupants before stopping the car (RF) and run them through checks at a very high level. Plus he can check the car Id and see if it's or likely to be involved in anything that would provide a reasone for a stop. When he approaches the car I'd assume that the camera on his uniform records the driver and passengers and runs them through the database to match them (or fail to match them)to the SINs provided automatically without the officer doing anything.

I'd assume he can verify the ID through some form of biometrics, if he bothers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012