Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knights of the Crimson Spire
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Senchae
What do we know about the Knights of the Crimson Spire, from the ED times? What happened to the rest of them who were they, what were they for? I know the City of Spires was Serethea, and it was an elven kingdom, and Harly is the Last Knight of the Crying Spire, which I guess is a cute way of refering to the fact that the city no longer exists. I have insufficient ED knowledge to fill in anything more, if indeed there is anything to fill in. Anyone know?
Ancient History
This is all on my pages, but:

(Denizens of Earthdawn, Vol. 1)
In the northwest lay Sereatha, the City of Spires and the Knights of the Crimson Spire; swordmasters dedicated to preserve and protect Elven culture and tradition.

(Blood Wood)
Caimbueul, an ambassador from Sereatha, City of Spires, is a Swordmaster and Wizard adept, as well as a senior member of the Knights of the Crimson Spire. His comments toward the Blood Wood are negative and scathing, but Alachia does nothing to stop him. Some think this is due to his considerable charm, or possible family connections between the two (they both hail from the Western Kingdoms), or even more intimate relations.

(Clockwork Asylum)
Harlequin is the Last Knight of the Crying (formerly Crimson) Spire.

(Harlequin's Back/Voices from the Past)
Again, harley is the last knight, blah blah

[/edit] Linkey Might Helpy

The City of SPires was famed for it's guilds of adepts, which is where like-minded adepts gathered together for an avoewd purpose. One of the Big Three was the Knights of the Crimson Spire, made of warriors and swordmasters that sought to preserve and protect elven culture and traditions.

After the Scourge, the Knights were still active to the North and West of Barsaive, and helped defeat many remaining Horrors.
DIABLO@magenet.org
Could it also be an even cuter way of saying he is the last one? wobble.gif
Fortune
You eat boys for breakfast? eek.gif
Senchae
Yeah, I had all the information from AH's site, but that really only tells us that the knights exist and Harly is a senior member.

This site has a wonderful history of Shosara, I'm not sure what the sources are but it had some useful info.

Is there any reason to believe Ehran was ever a member of the Knights? He and Harly were trained by some of the same people, but that might have been elsewhere. Harly doesn't appear to have been native to Shosara, since Shosara is refered to as being in the north and Alachia and Harly are said to have come from the west? Alachia couldn't possibly be from Shosara originally given the schism between it and the Wyrm Wood. So possibly he and Ehran were both trained in Shosara, or possibly they all three are from the Western Kingdoms.

Shosara survived the Scourge but Serethea didn't, and the Knights were all that remained from it. Harly was alive for all these events, though at what point he joined the Knights I don't know. He was a member when he was am ambassador to the Blood Wood. Though, how could he be an ambassador from Serethea to the Blood Wood? The two were never in existance at the same time. Serethea fell during the Scourge, and the Blood Wood was created during it. More likely he was ambassador from Shosirriyey, the capital of Shosara? I could see him calling himself ambassador of the City of Spires for the prestige or if perhaps he is there on the behalf of the Knights as opposed to the nation.

I wish it were easier to acquire the old ED sourcebooks.
Siege
I'm like this close to collecting them so I can have some idea of what the hell the subplots are talking about.

Although I'm lucky -- one of my local hobby shops has quite a collection of old, out-dated books.

-Siege
Ancient History
Serethea, Shosara and the Blood Wood all survived the Scourge.

Most of the material on Disturbance's page is fan-generated, not in reference to the original texts.

All information of the City of SPires is confined to the sources I originally quoted.

[/edit]

Oh, a few things I missed from your last post, Senchae:

Harley and Alachia hailed from the Western Kingdoms; Serethea is to the north and west (which incidentally puts it near where Lofwyr is supposed ot have laired). Shosara was a coastal nation to the far north of the Blood/Wyrm Wood.

The location of the Northern Isles is a matter of some controversy, the Western Kingdoms are thought to perhaps refer to the British Isles.
DIABLO@magenet.org
QUOTE (Fortune)
You eat boys for breakfast? eek.gif

I am hungry when I get up, what can I say? lick.gif
Diesel
Hey, everyone - can you make your sig normal sized? Huge ones are obnoxious and make me want to invent a way to stab you in the face - through the internet. Thanks!
Wish
Since Ehran is alive, and Harly is the last Knight of the Crying Spire, then Ehran is not (currently) a Knight of the Crying Spire.
DIABLO@magenet.org
QUOTE (Diesel)
Hey, everyone - can you make your sig normal sized? Huge ones are obnoxious and make me want to invent a way to stab you in the face - through the internet. Thanks!

That was the intent.
Senchae
QUOTE (Wish)
Since Ehran is alive, and Harly is the last Knight of the Crying Spire, then Ehran is not (currently) a Knight of the Crying Spire.

He might have quit.

AH- thanks for that. I wondered how much of that page was fan generated and how much was canonical, since it had no citations. I was really hoping it was less fan than it was, though.

Zolhex
QUOTE (Senchae)
I wish it were easier to acquire the old ED sourcebooks.

well I don't know how easy let alone how much but there are several books up on ebay right now. It's the whole tis the season deal everyone is pulling as much old stuff out as they can and putting it on ebay figuring that it will sell better what with people shopping on the net more. Just a thought maybe this will help you out.
Ancient History
Senchae: no prob. A lot of his material is derived from ED and SR sources, but is completely out of whack with canon. if you're really interested in Shosara or Serethea, may I suggest you loook into getting The Blood Wood, Denizens of Barsaive Volume 1 and download the Dragons PDF (Look in Alamais' section.) That latter is on my site, but the rest? Godd luck.
Siege
QUOTE (Wish)

Actually, Harly could be the last member inducted into the Order of the Crying Spire, making him the "last member" but by no means the only member.

Just a different interpretation on the same phrase. grinbig.gif

-Siege
moosegod
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Senchae: no prob. A lot of his material is derived from ED and SR sources, but is completely out of whack with canon. if you're really interested in Shosara or Serethea, may I suggest you loook into getting The Blood Wood, Denizens of Barsaive Volume 1 and download the Dragons PDF (Look in Alamais' section.) That latter is on my site, but the rest? Godd luck.

I know LR Games has the Barsaive book for sale on their site.
Ancient History
Moosegod: no, they don't. Denizens of Barsaive was a FASA product, and is long out of print (although Redbrick ight re-publish something like it.

Siege: Harley was said to be a senior member of the Knights, which I think would knock out that theory :wobble:
moosegod
Whoops. They have two books about Barsaive, not that specific book. :blush:
Siege
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Moosegod: no, they don't. Denizens of Barsaive was a FASA product, and is long out of print (although Redbrick ight re-publish something like it.

Siege: Harley was said to be a senior member of the Knights, which I think would knock out that theory wobble.gif

grinbig.gif

Maybe the unspoken addendum is: "Last of the Senior Knights since we don't count the minions as anything except fodder?"

Sorry, didn't make a critical success on my Obfuscate roll.

-Siege
Senchae
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Senchae: no prob.  A lot of his material is derived from ED and SR sources, but is completely out of whack with canon.  if you're really interested in Shosara or Serethea, may I suggest you loook into getting The Blood Wood, Denizens of Barsaive Volume 1 and download the Dragons PDF (Look in Alamais' section.)  That latter is on my site, but the rest?  Godd luck.

Yeah, I've got the PDF (spent an obsessive amount of time making notes in an attempt to figure out the dragon geneologies or at least who was older than whom, and in the end came out with Not Enough Information. Though if anyone wants a complete list of all known rites and rituals of dragonkind I've got one now. nyahnyah.gif ), and got outbid lasttime I tried to acquire Blood Wood. I'll keep trying though.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and ideas.
Siege
I can check my local hobby shop and see if they have a copy of "Blood Wood" -- they seem to have almost everything else.

-Siege
Senchae
QUOTE (Siege)
I can check my local hobby shop and see if they have a copy of "Blood Wood" -- they seem to have almost everything else.

Hey, I'd gladly buy one off someone here if they had one. BW seems pretty popular on ebay (though it's no PotD).
Ancient History
Ages? That's not too hard, for some of them:

Icewing and Mountainshadow are the oldest in Barsaive, being born and raised by All-Wings during the Age of Dragons, during which Age they attained the status of Great Dragon.

Earthroot was hatched during the Age of Dragons, but is a generation younger than Icewing and Mountainshadow. (Generation=250~500 years, maybe?)

Usun, Denairastas, Cloudtamer (who hatched and raised Aban), Lofwyr and Alamaise were hatched during the Age of Dragons.

Vasdenjas and Vestrivan were hatched in the Age of Dragons and raised by Yuichotol, who would be a contemporary of Icewing.

Thermail was hatched late in the Age of Dragons, coming into Great Dragon status and dying in the Age of Legend.

Aban hatched early in the Age of Legends, and was cared for by Cloudtamer.
Senchae
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Ages?  That's not too hard, for some of them:

*snip*

Yeah, but I had been hoping to be able to get an absolute list- this dragon is older than this one. But I could get so far (about what you posted, in fact) and not a whole lot further.

Anyway, I'll post my notes if anyone's interested. It was fun to do, if perhaps less than spectacularly useful. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012