Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, with the changing of the guard....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cardul
Is Holostreets going to stay relegated to on the counter, waiting to be upgraded to being put on the back burner? Or is the "Holostreets, coming 2008" from the CatalystWebsite going to be treated as a promise this time? Or should those of us who have been looking forward to Holostreets just give up, since it was announced under Fanpro and should be considered a canceled project like everything else announced under FanPro?
Method
Rob and Pete indicated in the chat that this has been a long time coming so they have taken the change into account. Shouldn't affect the current release schedule. Adam indicated that the status of Holostreets has not changed (for whatever thats worth).
Cardul
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 17 2008, 01:32 AM) *
Rob and Pete indicated in the chat that this has been a long time coming so they have taken the change into account. Shouldn't affect the current release schedule. Adam indicated that the status of Holostreets has not changed (for whatever thats worth).

Yeah, which is kind of the big question: what *IS* the Status of Holostreets? That is kind of the big question. I want to know: Can we take the Catalyst Website as a promise? Or is "wishful thinking"? I could say that "If it is on the Website, it must be true.." but we saw LAST year how accurate the Catalyst site is with regards to Holostreets.
Synner
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 17 2008, 10:52 AM) *
Yeah, which is kind of the big question: what *IS* the Status of Holostreets? That is kind of the big question. I want to know: Can we take the Catalyst Website as a promise? Or is "wishful thinking"? I could say that "If it is on the Website, it must be true.." but we saw LAST year how accurate the Catalyst site is with regards to Holostreets.

As Adam noted during the chat, when we have something awesome to announce we will. There's nothing we'd like more than to have Holostreets up and running as an additional source of income. Unfortunately, right now, it's not in our hands. Catalyst policy is not to advance information on project or products until we have something solid to offer—and we'll be keeping to it.
hobgoblin
interesting choice of avatar there synner wink.gif
darthmord
Are you going to argue with a dragon? wacko.gif

I didn't think so.
swirler
QUOTE (darthmord @ Mar 17 2008, 08:43 AM) *
Are you going to argue with a dragon? wacko.gif

I didn't think so.

don't deal with them either
or play cards
especially strip poker... don't ask
Cardul
QUOTE (Synner @ Mar 17 2008, 06:33 AM) *
As Adam noted during the chat, when we have something awesome to announce we will. There's nothing we'd like more than to have Holostreets up and running as an additional source of income. Unfortunately, right now, it's not in our hands. Catalyst policy is not to advance information on project or products until we have something solid to offer—and we'll be keeping to it.

OK, so, we can presume that the "Coming 2008" on the Catalyst Web Page is solid, since it has been put out on an official source(and, presumably, by Adam Jury)? Or is it a "we hope this will be the case, but don't hold your breath" type thing?

Also, um, which hands IS holostreets in? This is the first I had heard of IMR, who had the contract and license as far as I knew for both BC and Holostreets not having Holostreets in their hands?
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 17 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Also, um, which hands IS holostreets in? This is the first I had heard of IMR, who had the contract and license as far as I knew for both BC and Holostreets not having Holostreets in their hands?

Distributing original online Shadowrun material has been a license that has been in Wizkids' hands since before Catalyst. It is why SoLA could not have been just put online by FanPro.
Cardul
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Mar 17 2008, 09:08 PM) *
Distributing original online Shadowrun material has been a license that has been in Wizkids' hands since before Catalyst. It is why SoLA could not have been just put online by FanPro.

And, didn't they then sublicense that out to IMR, like they did the same license for Battletech, which created Battlecorps?
Earlydawn
Hey hey hey. Get back to work on Unwired! grinbig.gif
Cardul
QUOTE (Earlydawn @ Mar 17 2008, 09:35 PM) *
Hey hey hey. Get back to work on Unwired! grinbig.gif

Yeah, Adam is likely working hard on Unwired. wink.gif After all, he does all Layouts for Catalyst wink.gif AND does their web-page.
Synner
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 18 2008, 01:55 AM) *

Shadowrun (and Battletech) and most related properties are in the hands of Wizkids who inherited them from FASA. IMR (which owns Catalyst Game Labs) holds the current Shadowrun license to produce traditional RPG materials (hardcopies and e-books thereof). The terms of the current license were in the process of being updated and expanded to include rights to a number of other products/projects, when Wizkids parent company Topps was bought out last year. IMR/Catalyst is currently waiting for Wizkids/Topps to work through the backlog of work resulting from the buyout to update the license and move ahead with several projects.

When we have progress to announce we will.
apollo124
Hell, I'm confused already. I hate corp politics. I'm just gonna hang out and wait for the memo. Wake me when it's done.smile.gif
swirler
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Mar 18 2008, 06:18 AM) *
Hell, I'm confused already. I hate corp politics.

You and me both. I hate big corp deals and stock related stuff. None of it is logical in any real terms so I just try not to think about it.
hobgoblin
hell, economics, beyond i will trade you X for Y, isnt logical...
raverbane
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 18 2008, 03:35 AM) *
Yeah, Adam is likely working hard on Unwired. wink.gif After all, he does all Layouts for Catalyst wink.gif AND does their web-page.

Now that Unwired is in layout.

Out of curiousity and sheer fanboydum.

When will the PDF be released?
Earlydawn
The policy is always "when there's news, we'll post it".. but I'd still like to know! biggrin.gif

I can't imagine that layout is too far from release, so I'd put it early - mid April.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012