Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emotitoys Hacking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WearzManySkins
Ok Emotitoys have software rating which I hope translate into device ratings.

Asking the more Matrix learned ones, how would you hack one, and what could you do once that was done?

How could you make it harder for your Emotitoy to be hacked.

WMS
Drogos
Well, for starters (and since I know nothing about Emotitoys aside from the fact that the are the new must have face gear) anything with wireless functionality (ie anything with a device rating) has matrix attributes. The GM can choose to force a player to assign the appropriate matrix attributes to it and therefore each rating can be upgraded (so, assuming a device rating of 6 would make all of those attributes a 6 (not really how I would do it, but that's the RAW)). Also, anything with WIFI capability can be equipped with IC and loaded with programs...which is just good business practice biggrin.gif
Fortune
I skinlinked mine. wink.gif
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 17 2008, 11:44 AM) *
I skinlinked mine. wink.gif

Interesting, then it must not be a mobile version. What part of your body is it attached too? ie does armor/clothing cover it?

Wonder what sensors the emotitoy uses, it is clear what is used. Also the range of said sensor?

WMS
Dashifen
Why not just run the Empathy software rather than get it as an Emotitoy? Since sensor packages get device ratings, that means they can run software. Or, run it off of an internal commlink for your cybereyes or whatever. The Emotitoy is cool from a fluff perspective, but I imagine shadowrunners and others being more interested in the software rather than te Emotitoy platform itself.
Fortune
QUOTE (WMS)
What part of your body is it attached too?

You read the character description! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

I made it a snake-like bracelet (non-mobile) ... the Aztechnology Psychic Serpent.
WearzManySkins
@Fortune
You may also wish to add hardening to the emotitoy skin link, and to your commlink.

WMS
Fortune
I would, but again I still have that very same money problem. wink.gif
WearzManySkins
Since it does not state what sensor a Emotitoy has, lets go with a camera sensor.

Can a Camera Neutralizer work against the camera sensor of the Emotitoy? to me yes, but provisions for moving cameras are in the description of the Camera Neutralizer.

WMS
KCKitsune
The sensor software from page 60 and 61 of Arsenal... can those be run on a commlink of a person with cybereyes and cyberears? Would those count as trid cams and microphones needed for the software to function?
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 17 2008, 07:29 PM) *
The sensor software from page 60 and 61 of Arsenal... can those be run on a commlink of a person with cybereyes and cyberears? Would those count as trid cams and microphones needed for the software to function?

Since both cybereyes and cyberears have the ability to record images/sounds, I would say yes.

In a previous iteration of SR, my character expanded the hermetic mage's library due to the his act of "viewing"(aka flipping pages fast), the hardcover books of a very old ancient hermetic mage, then transmitted the images to the deckers, who used OCR software to get readable pages. The ancient hermetic mage would not allow the mage to enter his study, because he did not want anyone to have the information there in his library. It took our mage a few weeks to catalog the new additions. grinbig.gif Parts of the new library were bartered/sold to certain factions IG.

Now what impact then would the Camera Neutralizer? I would say the Camera Neutralizer would not recognize the cybereyes as cameras or be set to ignore them.

WMS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012