Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catalyst Game Labs on Twitter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adam
We're sharing a Twitter account between the Catalyst Game Labs staff. For those not familiar with Twitter, it's microblogging -- each entry is 140 *characters* or less. It will contain topical news, slice of life/work updates, random links, venting, and all sorts of stuff -- covering all of our game lines.

You can browse Twitter updates on the web, or have them sent to you via dedicated applications such as Twhirl, to your IM program, or to your cel phone.

Check it out at http://twitter.com/catalystgamelab and sign up for your own account, then add us to your following list!
swirler
done and done
biggrin.gif
Method
Unwired final cover art in -- another great piece from Klaus Scherwinski! -- RB 02:54 PM March 15, 2008 from twhirl

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
Earlydawn
Laying out 86,000 word chapter. That's more words than some of our ENTIRE BOOKS. -AJ
"It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.."
swirler
QUOTE (Earlydawn @ Mar 18 2008, 10:35 PM) *
"It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.."

"We do what we must, because we can."
Cardul
You know, Earlydawn, that 86K word chapter might not be for SR, right? Adam does layout for everything in CGL...this could be for something for SR, it could be for something for BT, or Degensis, or this mysterious new game they were talking about.
john_doe
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 19 2008, 03:49 AM) *
...or this mysterious new game they were talking about.

Any chance the new game could be ED, so that CGL would have complete, and total control over the continuity over the ED - SR connection, or is that just wishful thinking?
Grinder
Wishful thinking.
swirler
QUOTE (john_doe @ Mar 19 2008, 07:36 AM) *
Any chance the new game could be ED, so that CGL would have complete, and total control over the continuity over the ED - SR connection, or is that just wishful thinking?

Unless Redbrick lost the license and hasn't mentioned it, it's unlikely. I've been trying to think about what it could be. Would it be something unlike what they already do, or go along with them? Part of me thinks gritty graphic novel style super powers. biggrin.gif
Or if we are talking former FASA projects, there is Crimson Skies and Vopr the Maelstrom. I'm not sure anyone is workign on them.

john_doe
Is it safe to assume that we can agree it will be another RPG or sorts? Or something more board-based?

i knew the ED thing was a stretch, but hey i can dream right?
swirler
I bet they got the rights to a licensing Icon.

get ready for "Barbie: the RPG!!"
Earlydawn
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 19 2008, 03:49 AM) *
You know, Earlydawn, that 86K word chapter might not be for SR, right? Adam does layout for everything in CGL...this could be for something for SR, it could be for something for BT, or Degensis, or this mysterious new game they were talking about.
Your statement does nothing to damper my happiness. love.gif
Adam
It's not Earthdawn.
swirler
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 19 2008, 12:42 PM) *
It's not Earthdawn.

Someone should start a poll to have everyone guess what it is.

biggrin.gif
Leofski
As an operational question relevant to this thread; how long does formatting a rulebook generally take?

IE. in a roundabout way, when can we expect our unwired PDFs nyahnyah.gif?
Adam
2-6 weeks, depending on the size, who's working on it, how good the drafts are, what other craziness is going on at the same time, if a bunch of new graphics need to be generated, if the art needs touching up, if the art arrives at the correct size [oi vey!], whether the layout guy catches the plague and nearly dies in the middle of it, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012