Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battlecorps: Arsenal
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightwalker450
This is the first book I've gotten from Battlecorps (Not Battle tech nyahnyah.gif), and was wondering what the time frame usually was on their shipping?
(Due to shipping costs I'll probably never get there again, but this was a group fund for book and pdf)

The tracking number I was given says this:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 18, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Which translates I believe to: "They told us they were sending a package, but we have not been given any packages to send"

Maybe I'm impatient, or maybe its because another online delivery (different site) I've been waiting 4 weeks now for it to send out everything I ordered. Just wondering if anyone else has received theirs.
Dashifen
I fixed the title for you to avoid confusion biggrin.gif
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Mar 20 2008, 03:44 PM) *
I fixed the title for you to avoid confusion biggrin.gif

Thanks, everything on the site is Battle... I just chose the wrong ending biggrin.gif
Moon-Hawk
Yeah, I got mine yesterday.
BishopMcQ
Mine showed up yesterday as well. Because they are being shipped via USPS, the standard time frame is 2-5 days. If you still haven't received it by the end of the week, try shooting Troy an e-mail. IIRC, he is the Quartermaster for BattleCorps.
Adam
Which translates I believe to: "They told us they were sending a package, but we have not been given any packages to send"

That's normal for a BattleCorps order, to the best of my understanding -- all the postage and whatnot is calculated and paid online, mailing labels are printed out, the books are packed and labelled, and then dropped off at the post office.

Both David and Troy are out of town this week for a family emergency. The majority of the Arsenal orders went out on Monday, but they were waiting for a re-stock from our warehouse to fulfill the last orders: I believe those orders had been processed by the postal service, and another Seattle-area staffer was going to drop by the office, unbox the books, repackage the remaining orders, and get them out.
Nightwalker450
Thanks Adam, just like to know whats going on biggrin.gif
swirler
what you put from the post office is their generic thing. They often do not update that until the item is actually delivered to you.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (swirler @ Mar 20 2008, 03:23 PM) *
what you put from the post office is their generic thing. They often do not update that until the item is actually delivered to you.

Sometimes not even then... I recall tracking a package that I had received and USPS still had the above message showing as the tracking info.

Of course that's still better than when UPS routed a product I ordered from LA to NYC to Indianapolis to Kansas City, back to LA and finally to Chicago (where I live)... I was a bit confused as to why on that one.
swirler
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Mar 20 2008, 03:38 PM) *
Of course that's still better than when UPS routed a product I ordered from LA to NYC to Indianapolis to Kansas City, back to LA and finally to Chicago (where I live)... I was a bit confused as to why on that one.

heh
be glad you got it. a few years back UPS demolished my computer I had shipped when I moved and then refused to pay for it even though I had insured the shipping. I think they must have driven over it, it was so messed up.
jago668
When I lived in San Marocs I found something interesting about Fedex. Everything from the US routes into the DFW area and then out the regional hubs. Well items would hit DFW, then Austin, and then they would drive past San Marcos to San Antonio, then to New Braunsfels, and then back up to San Marcos. Meaning Fedex would drive my package an extra 120 miles rather than send a truck out from Austin. Was even more amusing because I lived in apts directly next to the I35, so the truck would drive about 150 yards from my apartment on its way from Austin.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 20 2008, 07:11 PM) *
Everything from the US routes into the DFW area and then out the regional hubs.

DFW is actually an Area Hub, which distributes to smaller regional hubs. The primary sorting facility is in Memphis. The Hub and Spoke model was designed by Fred Smith. I could go on at length about the entire subject, but suffice it to say that the system allows for nearly 5 million packages a day with reported loss of less than .01%.

Ground and Express packages go through different routing systems as well, so depending on the shipping options chosen the package may or may not go through the above process.
Wesley Street
I ordered from Battlecorps for the first time and received the email from Troy the evening of the 17th. I haven't received mine yet but I'm hoping to either today or tomorrow. I usually give any shipment 14 days before I start asking questions of the shipper.
Spike
Mine won't show up because I put my home address with my work street number into the shipping address. Spike is very sad now. frown.gif
jago668
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 21 2008, 10:59 AM) *
DFW is actually an Area Hub, which distributes to smaller regional hubs. The primary sorting facility is in Memphis. The Hub and Spoke model was designed by Fred Smith. I could go on at length about the entire subject, but suffice it to say that the system allows for nearly 5 million packages a day with reported loss of less than .01%.

Ground and Express packages go through different routing systems as well, so depending on the shipping options chosen the package may or may not go through the above process.

I meant to say everything from the US headed into Texas routes through DFW. Just left out a good chunk of the sentence. I agree it works, just some of the routing patterns are a bit odd. UPS was easier to deal with there because they had a facility in town where Fedex had theirs in New Braunsfels.
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Spike @ Mar 21 2008, 11:18 AM) *
Mine won't show up because I put my home address with my work street number into the shipping address. Spike is very sad now. frown.gif

Ouch, glitch on the address... I checked and mine is written correctly biggrin.gif

But it hasn't arrived yet still... frown.gif No easter eggs for me.
jklst14
I received mine yesterday as well.
BookWyrm
Nope, waiting until ICON to pick up the hardcopy.
Nightwalker450
Thought I would close out this thread. I just got mine yesterday. biggrin.gif
jago668
Me also. Also would like to add that the usps tracking information updated late yesterday afternoon after it was delivered.
Adam
Glad to hear that they're all arriving in good time, everyone!
Spike
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 27 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Glad to hear that they're all arriving in good time, everyone!

'Cept mine. frown.gif

'course, I can't blame you guys for that one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012