Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biocompatability, adapsin and cyber grade
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Boba__fett
Hi, just tell me if i'm alright. When I take a "wired reflex 1" (2.0 essence), I change to "alpha" and get 20% discount (1,6 essence), I take the positive quality "biocompatability cyber" to get another 10% discount on cyber ( 1,4 essence) and for final touch I get the genetech adapsin for a last 10% discount (1,2 essence). So, if I buy a delta grade, I will get -70% a wired reflex 1 at 0,6 essence. That crazy!
ArkonC
That's the way I'm told it works...

EDIT: If you use a cyber package, you could get -80% on the essence cost...
Theoretically speaking...
Daier Mune
...and even then its still better just to grab bioware. *rolls eyes*
Stahlseele
could one do that for bioware too? O.o
Zolhex
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 23 2008, 12:35 PM) *
could one do that for bioware too? O.o

Yes
jago668
I don't think adapsin works for bioware, but other than that yeah.
Stahlseele
but there's the Type-O System "positive" quality which means all bio even on standard is delta for you . . and if you in fact do get delta, it's still additive i believe
ArkonC
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 23 2008, 07:55 PM) *
but there's the Type-O System "positive" quality which means all bio even on standard is delta for you . . and if you in fact do get delta, it's still additive i believe

Nope, it doesn't, Type-O System makes basic bioware count as delta for you, but alpha, for example, still counts as alpha and delta still counts as delta...
Daier Mune
well, a deltaware R1 WRX, +adapsin, +biocomp, +cybersuite = 0.5 essence with a cost of $129,000. a R1 Synapic Booster, with no special grades or qualities is 0.5 essence and $80,000 (synaptic boosters are always active, too).

don't mind me, though, i'm just bitter about bioware's dominance.

(edit for math error)
ArkonC
that would be 0.4E for the wired reflexes if you get delta (50%), adapsin (60%), biocomp (70%), suite (80%)...
2E-80%=0.4E...
Daier Mune
QUOTE (ArkonC @ Mar 23 2008, 02:07 PM) *
that would be 0.4E for the wired reflexes if you get delta (50%), adapsin (60%), biocomp (70%), suite (80%)...
2E-80%=0.4E...

aye, but add 1/2 of 0.2 essence from Adapsin into that equasion for total essence loss.
ArkonC
OR add half the cyber E loss to the 0.2E for adapsin, if you have more bio than cyber...
Again 0.4E... nyahnyah.gif
Daier Mune
that is true, i suppose. but how many instances are you going to run into where someone has access to the resources and facilities of deltaware and adapsin, but only be taking an R1 wired reflex and a ton of bioware?
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (ArkonC @ Mar 23 2008, 11:56 AM) *
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 23 2008, 11:55 AM) *

Nope, it doesn't, Type-O System makes basic bioware count as delta for you, but alpha, for example, still counts as alpha and delta still counts as delta...

Wait a sec... that's more than a little wonky. Basic counts as delta, but alpha doesn't? Alpha being more compatible, more streamlined, etc... why doesn't it get the benefit? (other than RAW, obviously) Just seems a little off... I mean the quality already removes the point of bioware grades anyway....

ArkonC
QUOTE (Daier Mune @ Mar 23 2008, 08:20 PM) *
that is true, i suppose. but how many instances are you going to run into where someone has access to the resources and facilities of deltaware and adapsin, but only be taking an R1 wired reflex and a ton of bioware?

Hey, you were the one who started talking about a delta grade R1 wired and how many people with access to delta ware will choose that piece? nyahnyah.gif
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Mar 23 2008, 08:44 PM) *
Wait a sec... that's more than a little wonky. Basic counts as delta, but alpha doesn't? Alpha being more compatible, more streamlined, etc... why doesn't it get the benefit? (other than RAW, obviously) Just seems a little off... I mean the quality already removes the point of bioware grades anyway....

Meh, maybe it all counts as delta, it doesn't really matter, the delta discount doenst count twice regerdless...
Daier Mune
Type-O System gives all basic bioware the essence cost of delta grade for regular cost. Cultured bioware must be purchased at standard grades with standard prices. so things muscle toner and adrenaline pumps are half-off, whereas synapic boosters and pain editors are not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012