Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gymnastic Dodge Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightwalker450
Ok, working on a Martial Arts Cat Bio'd person.

I started getting lots of athletics stuff, and I think I broke the thresholds, and Gymnastics Dodge on this is going to be nuts.

Synthcardium +1 dice pool modifier on Athletics Tests
Reflex Recorder Group +1 Rating on Athletics
Raptor Cyberlegs +2 dice pool bonus on Gymnastics Tests

Enhanced Protein Exchanges
Neo-EPO +1 dice pool modifier on skill from Athletics
Reakt +2 dice pool modifier on Reaction Tests to defend yourself

Also thought about getting a Rating 2 Adrenaline Pump (but price and essense made me think better)

So I haven't even set my reation, or skills yet and I already have +5 dice on a Gymnastic dodge with +2 on the Reaction for +7 total.

So here's my question is the Reflex Recorder the only one limited by the "Augmented Skill Cap"?
ArkonC
Seems that way, the rest are DP modifiers...
Nightwalker450
Also guess I could have added Enhanced Articulation, and thats also listed as a Dice Pool Modifier
Sombranox
Adept's Improved Ability and Reflex recorder are the only two for Gymnastics. I think there's a few scattered pieces of ware around that have actual skill modifiers for other stuff.

But yeah. EA + Synth 3 + RR + Raptor Legs + EPO + Reakt all stack without limits.

The raptor legs only need to be half-legs with modular knees, so it wouldn't be hard to squeeze these and more into 2 points of Essence/Magic on an Adept so that you can get 2 points of Improved Gymnastics for .5 PP and 3-4 Combat Sense, which also stacks for all defense tests for a total of +12 or +13 bonus and +3 skill.

6 dodge and 7 Reaction and you now are full dodging at 29 dice. Throw in a Reaction Genetic Optimization and you can max reaction to 10 for 32 dice as the dodge god.

Welcome to the sick and wrong joys of gymnastics dodge.
Slymoon
QUOTE (Sombranox @ Mar 26 2008, 11:16 PM) *
6 dodge and 7 Reaction and you now are full dodging at 29 dice. Throw in a Reaction Genetic Optimization and you can max reaction to 10 for 32 dice as the dodge god.

Welcome to the sick and wrong joys of gymnastics dodge.

Make him a very small bald dwarf with a cyber mod skin coloring : green and call him Yoda.
Sombranox
QUOTE (Slymoon @ Mar 27 2008, 12:18 AM) *
Make him a very small bald dwarf with a cyber mod skin coloring : green and call him Yoda.

I SO want to do that now! Give him a Custom Look 2 Cougar Long Blade modified to look like a glowing sword and have him cut down sec guards left and right when they're caught laughing their asses off at the little green halfer with a 'toy' lightsaber. wink.gif
Nightwalker450
I want to talk to my GM and see if I can take the Gene Crafted positive quality, and get bioware Raptor Legs effectively. Keep the same essense drain from them (.9 to make up for all my other unique cosmetic features). Does anyone think this is too much of a reach? I think it should be fair because I'm effectively paying 10 points for something thats only 5 BP worth of nuyen.gif . And since I'm bioware built, its going to actually cost me more essense effectively then if it were cyberware. (Thinking bio-sammy with Sensitive System)

This guy is the victim of parents with too much money, and they thought it'd be a good idea to gene craft him in utero. Basically get the raptor legs, and cat like features.

So is there, or can anyone name a Transhumanist gang? He needs a pack to run with biggrin.gif
Larme
Cyberware generally does not translate directly into bioware. The reason why Raptors give a bonus is because they're mechanical -- if you got a heavy phenotype mod to have cat shaped legs, they wouldn't give you that benefit IMO. The issue, as I see it, is not the number of points you'd be spending, but the fact that you'll be getting ware without spending the money cost, thus without spending against your 250k cap. It would be one thing if it was a genetech already in the book, but I wouldn't generally let people use Genecrafted to get cyberware mods transformed magically into genetic mods.
ArkonC
I agree with Larme, converting cyberware into bioware doesn't always work...
With the Raptor legs, I would also rule that it just doesn't work...
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Larme @ Mar 27 2008, 08:27 AM) *
Cyberware generally does not translate directly into bioware. The reason why Raptors give a bonus is because they're mechanical -- if you got a heavy phenotype mod to have cat shaped legs, they wouldn't give you that benefit IMO. The issue, as I see it, is not the number of points you'd be spending, but the fact that you'll be getting ware without spending the money cost, thus without spending against your 250k cap. It would be one thing if it was a genetech already in the book, but I wouldn't generally let people use Genecrafted to get cyberware mods transformed magically into genetic mods.

The fluff of the Raptor legs seems more on the shape of the legs, rather then any mechanical function. I'm mostly interested in the speed and gymnastics boost (already planning on STR Enhancing bioware, so don't really need the other). The reason I'm doing it is precisely to get past that 250k cap, but thats what Genecrafted is for anyways. And since most genecrafted listed are less than 50k nuyen.gif you're paying more for it (unless you allow any bioware to be taken as genecrafted, then it can get really broken). *Shrugs* but to avoid something that could give people more leverage later for something truly game breaking, it might be a good idea to avoid it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012