Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antartica
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Okay when is it winter and when is it summer. I'm trying to figure out the whole time that you'd have full nights in the antartic and all.

Anyone know anything about what the highest point on the Tranantartic Mountains is. I guess that is an aside though as long as I'm kinda talking about Antartica.
mfb
it's opposite from the northern hemisphere. jun-aug is winter; sep-nov is spring; dec-feb is summer; mar-may is fall.
Game2BHappy
Mt. Markham at 14,275 feet. Vinson Massif isn't in the Transantarctic range, but its antarctica's highest point at 16,863 feet in the Sentinel Range.
Thanks for the reply guys.
Camouflage
QUOTE (mfb)
it's opposite from the northern hemisphere. jun-aug is winter; sep-nov is spring; dec-feb is summer; mar-may is fall.

Forget about spring and fall. The nearer you get to the poles, the faster the change from summer to winter and vice versa takes place.

Beyond the arctic circle spring and fall are just about a week around equinox during which you actually have a few days and nights before summer/winter with it's full day/night takes over.
Shockwave_IIc
Also remember that spirits hang around much longer down there. Oh and it's a dessert.
White Knight
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
Oh and it's a dessert.

Something like an antipodean Baked Alaska perhaps? smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Knew i spelt it wrong. Oh well. Thats no GCSE in english for you.
DV8
Speaking of spelling errors, it's "antarctic."
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
spirits hang around much longer down there.

why?
moosegod
It's magic, silly. We don't have to know why.
Dim Sum
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc @ Dec 9 2003, 09:12 AM)
spirits hang around much longer down there.

why?

'Cos it's cool to hang around down there?

*ducks - runs away cackling*

biggrin.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Cos the days last longer.
Diesel
Wow, that took some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012