Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: prototype black IC attack?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/29/206207

i dont know if i should in intrigued or disgusted...
Stahlseele
uuh . . if that was anon, i am deeply ashamed . . if it wasn't? well, there will be one frigging huge hell to pay, once they get wind of this . .
else: nothing new there, japan did it with anime in TV allready *g*
hobgoblin
while true that its happened before, i think this is the first time its been "weaponized"...
knasser
That is disgusting. I hope whoever is responsible for that one day realises what they've done and is suitably ashamed of themselves.

Reading through the comments on that site, an interesting one is someone saying it's a "smear campaign from the Church of Scientology." But who could ever tell?

Thanks for posting this link, hobgoblin. It's interesting, though it makes me angry and sad.

-K.
Cardul
As an epileptic myself, I am both disgusted and horrified. I am glad that I am neither light nor pattern triggered, as well. It is hard enough with certains tates to get a driver's license..I could jsut imagine someone who had worked hard, gotten their epilepsy under control from normal circumstances, and clicked there, suffered a seizure, and had to go and wait 2 more years(like is required in Florida) to get their license. I could imagine someone having a grand mal seizure and getting hurt...or worse by that. That is not funny..it is not a gag...it is an assault, with intent to cause bodily harm.

If anyone in texas finds someone from that group in texas..I think the unique "He needed Killin" defense they have there could DEFINATELY hold up in court!

Or, we can get the police to arrest them and use waterboarding(upheld by the supreme court as a legal method of getting information from terrorists!) to get them to turn in all the people involved! And then, since they would be terrorists, we can send them to a good prison in Romania or something where teh CIA can freely torture them slowly to death like they deserve!
b1ffov3rfl0w
Gibson, I think in Neuromancer -- when Molly is doing what is either a Steal The Dingus or an Extraction, depending on how you look at expert systems, one of the distractions is epilepsy-inducing light flashes.

But a stranger (and truer) example was in Japan, where a cartoon explosion reflected in a cartoon character's eyes triggered seizures in a bunch of kids. And then ... on the evening news, they reported the story and rolled the clip, triggering a bunch more seizures.

I'm really not sure if that's a true story, by the way.
Earlydawn
QUOTE (b1ffov3rfl0w @ Mar 30 2008, 07:50 PM) *
But a stranger (and truer) example was in Japan, where a cartoon explosion reflected in a cartoon character's eyes triggered seizures in a bunch of kids. And then ... on the evening news, they reported the story and rolled the clip, triggering a bunch more seizures.

I'm really not sure if that's a true story, by the way.
The dark work of Porygon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012