Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eco-Shaman Character wrong?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Trobon
Ok I looked through the erata and searched the forums, but couldn't find anything on this. Is the eco-shaman in the BBB 10 points over the limit or am I crazy? The problem lies with the fact that they put spirit bane as a 20 point negative quality. They then upped the edge score to 3 (I don't have an older version so I am guessing it was 1 or 2). If I'm right (which I may not be) the shaman is a 410 point build.

I know it's small, but it's driving me crazy trying to figure out if I am wrong or not.
Critias
Sure, probably.
Glyph
You are correct. They also didn't charge double points for social skills for the Enforcer and Hacker archetypes, putting them over as well. And although the price of the Mitsubishi Nightsky has been changed, the Face archetype still has one, despite not having nearly enough in resources to be able to afford it. Mistakes are actually fairly common for the archetypes, and it goes back before 4th edition.

If you want to fix her, you could always say that she has Spirit Bane for two types of spirits.
Crusher Bob
Yes. And the spirit bane flax is 10 points, not 20. So it's really 20 points over. Most of the archtypes have flaws like that.

Race 25
Stats 180
Edge 10
Magic 58
Skills 140
Positive Qualities 20
Negative Qualities -25
Gear 3
Contacts 9

Total 420
Trobon
Thanks for the responses. I haven't used premade characters since 2nd edition when I used the elf decker as my first character, so I haven;t looked at these until now. I am introducing a new player and wanted them to pick from the book for now since we have to play tomorrow. She chose the eco-shaman and I noticed the spirit bane thing.

Thanks again for letting me know I'm sane... mostly spin.gif
Ryu
Note the Sample Characters thread in the Community Projects section: here
Edge2054
The Enforcer isn't erated either but doesn't have enough points spent on his skills. He has the uncouth negative quality but none of his social skills seem to have had their cost doubled.
Matsci
QUOTE (Crusher Bob @ Mar 30 2008, 07:13 AM) *
Yes. And the spirit bane flax is 10 points, not 20. So it's really 20 points over. Most of the archtypes have flaws like that.

Race 25
Stats 180
Edge 10
Magic 58
Skills 140
Positive Qualities 20
Negative Qualities -25
Gear 3
Contacts 9

Total 420

Huh, My 5th printing has the RES as the following

Race 25
Stats 170
Edge 20
Magic 58
Skills 130
Positive Qualities 20 (Magic and Mentor Spirit
Negative Qualities -35 ( Allergy Mild, Pollutants, Spirit Bane fire Spirits, and Low Pain Tolerance)
Gear 3
Contacts 9

Total - 400

and the Enforcer is 40 skill points short, as Edge2054 pointed out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012