Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for info on Europe's Docwagon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxHunter
Before anything and, mind my manners: MONTEVIDEO PLAYERS KEEP OUT! Now, without further due...

One group of runners has moved to the Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg and are really having a bad time getting a job now that they have left most of their contacts behind in Seattle.

They heard a rumour that the local branch of DocWagon had been the target of some violence and are about to be hired as bait.

Still, I lack two important resources before the actual run is ready:

1. I do not have at hand any information about that corp. Is there a parent corporation? how does it differ -or not- from the DocWagon I know? Colors, logo, SOP, gear, etc. I also have in mind that Hamburg is a partly flooded city, so...

I want the corp to hire the runners to suplant some operatives in one of their units and work a week or two as "bait".
[ Spoiler ]

2. Still haven't completely decided on the opposition. Firstly I wanted it to be
[ Spoiler ]
But I am willing to consider other more interesting options...

Info, References and Ideas welcome

Cheers!

Max
hermit
There're several DocWagon equivalents in Europe, not only BuMoNa (a subdivision of German AA AG Chemie):

- Careline, a subdivision of ZIC, mainly British Isles
- Daf Trauma Waggon, which belongs to whoever owns Daf ... Ford, I think ... present in the Netherlands mainly
- MonoMed, an Austrian company, present in Austria, Switzerland and Eastern Europe, also belongs to ZIC
- Nitama Quick Response, a subdivision of Nitama, has some presence in Germany
- Medicarro (Aztech's medical services branch) has a strong standing in Spain and Portugal
- Tyr Valkyries, a danish medical services provider, mainly active in the Scand Union

BuMoNa behaves, by and large, like DocWagon would, and is the default provider in the German setting books, as DW is in the English books (though in the UCAS, there's also CrashCart). It's parent company is your average Evil Chemical Corporation - if ZIC does it, AGC does too, and adds even more immorality, just because they're the pure evil. They're the standard baddies in the German books. I can PM you a detailed rundown of the company, including stuff from german only books, if you want.
MYST1C
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Mar 31 2008, 08:23 PM) *
1. I do not have at hand any information about that corp. Is there a parent corporation? how does it differ -or not- from the DocWagon I know? Colors, logo, SOP, gear, etc. I also have in mind that Hamburg is a partly flooded city, so...

BuMoNA (which is the acronym for Bund fuer Mobilen Notfall-Arzteinsatz - rough translation "Mobile Medical Assistance Association") is indeed the German equivalent of DocWaggon. It is not related to DocWaggon but both companies have cooperation contracts so a client of either is treated by both, depending on current country...

BuMoNA is a 100% subsidiary of German chemistry giant AG Chemie.

For gear I'd say simply use the same as for DocWaggon. Vehicle/uniform design has AFAIK never been detailed. I guess the logo could be a variation of the common Red Cross.

[Edit] Whoops, I'm typing to slowly...
MaxHunter
Thanks for fast replies fellows!

Throw me everything you want, I am a sponge thirsty for inspiration

Cheers!

Max
hermit
You got that mail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012