Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April Fool's
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Ok maybe a little cliche and honestly I was'nt giving it much thought until late last night when I called home from work and heard about the computergeeks.com prank. An entire local business disconnected from the internet and it only snowballed from there as employees called friends and family to "warn" them.

Hmm if its that easy surely runners could use that kind of prank to help on a run.

Any inspired GM's out there pull one over on there players or plan on it?
swirler
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Apr 2 2008, 08:56 AM) *
and heard about the computergeeks.com prank. An entire local business disconnected from the internet and it only snowballed from there as employees called friends and family to "warn" them.

what prank was this?
the only thing I saw was the retinal scanners thing
Prime Mover
Gone now but was a warning to unhook your internet due to some web wide bug that would wipe out your computer yesterday.
HullBreach
I thought the joke hardware announcments on Microsofts Xbox site were pretty funny, though I totally want that vintage Xbox. That thing just oozes steam-punk.
Kyleigh Wester
IGN released this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PGR6eeB37cw

A cruel april fools prank that disappointed hundreds, if not thousands, if not millions of Zelda fans in a single fail swoop. Easily the most hardcore april fools joke ever as many people really believed we were about to get a Zelda movie.
paws2sky
I was a little disappointed with this year's April Fool's day. No one around here pranked anyone. I didn't actually get tricked by any of the internet pranks. And only a couple of the ones I saw were amusing, but they include:
1) The Zelda movie
2) Youtube Rickrolling its own users. (I was going to get my wife with this one, but she was sick when she got home from work.)
3) City of Heroes reporting on their upcoming "Visual Sounds" feature.
4) I heard about a steampunk Xbox, which sounds fun, but I have yet to see it.

In-game, I've never had the chance to do any April Fools pranks. Shame, really.
cryptoknight
What about the World of Warcraft Bard? With Guitar Hero riffs?
Lionhearted
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 2 2008, 01:24 PM) *
What about the World of Warcraft Bard? With Guitar Hero riffs?

Dont forget the Starcraft 2, Tauren marine ^^
Naysayer
Speaking of Blizzard, they announced a console-only WoW-spinoff yesterday.
Not really a shocker, but the trailer at least looked well executed...
thegreatbuddha
QUOTE (HullBreach @ Apr 2 2008, 12:58 PM) *
I thought the joke hardware announcments on Microsofts Xbox site were pretty funny, though I totally want that vintage Xbox. That thing just oozes steam-punk.

SteampunkWorkshop might be able to help you with that. They do some good work.
HullBreach
QUOTE (thegreatbuddha @ Apr 2 2008, 01:44 PM) *
SteampunkWorkshop might be able to help you with that. They do some good work.

Oh that is just too pimp! Thanks for the link!
thegreatbuddha
No problem. Although I should point out that they don't actually sell stuff. You may be able to convince them to do a commissioned piece.
Ophis
The BBC had an excellent film of flying penguins on their site. Plus a list of stories that looked like jokes but were real...
Wesley Street
There was this one website where gamers talk about William Gibson meets Lord of the Rings stuff and half the population flipped out over a fake posting about dragon PCs. It was some funny shit!
Adarael
QUOTE (HullBreach @ Apr 2 2008, 08:58 AM) *

I'll pass that along to the folks who cooked that up. They were pretty giggly about it beforehand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012