Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a terrorist named Leon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxHunter
I guess curiosity took the most of me today. I heard there was a plot regarding a european terrorist called Leon something in one of the german-only sourcebooks. Now my curiosity is piqued and I want to know all about it!!

Care to tell me that story please?

Cheers,

Max
hermit
Leon Durreti (sic), a German neo-anarchist framed for the bombing of an SK-funded orphanage in Berlin around 2061, died in 2070 in Munich during a failed attempt to kill all the B-celebs and local bigwigs on the 2070 Oktoberfest by flooding their tent with LOST gas (an old chemical weapon that causes horrific burns and is a very miserable way to die compared to modern combat gasses, it also takes minutes before enough of the victim is etched away for them to die, and causes gruesome scarring on survivors).

That was supposed to be the peak of his highly medialised terror campaign he allegedly fought on behalf of a young girl ground to death by the corporate machine (before, he had several people killed in creative and medialised ways, such as the one girl - daughter of a corp fat cat - he kept locked up in a cage and offered a live feed, making everyone interested watch the girl die.

Durruti was stopped by a band of shadowrunners of unknown origin, who supposedly took casualties too.
MYST1C
QUOTE (hermit @ Apr 5 2008, 05:10 PM) *
Leon Durreti (sic)

The name's "Leon Durruti"

And the events Hermit just detailed are in fact the campaign part of the Muenchen Noir sourcebook.
[ Spoiler ]
MaxHunter
Oh thanks! I guess it was part of a SR campaign or something. Did anyone play it?

(BTW, considering it is a plot thing, you might want to edit your previous post to use the spoiler code to avoid ruining someone's day)

Cheers!

Max
hermit
That and the short stories in that book that detail Durruti's decision-making process.

Someone I know played it, yes. It's fairly deadly, but fun. I read through it, and yes, it is. I even played part of it, downconverted n SR3, once.
Elve
My players liked it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012