Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Control, Mundane Style
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
b1ffov3rfl0w
Any ideas for cyber/bio mods that would be worthwhile? I'm thinking of enhancing compusure, controlling normally involuntary/unconscious behaviors and the like.
DocTaotsu
You could probably modify an encephalon to handle a great deal of that control. If it's taking over all your "mundane" processes like, not going slack jawed and drooly when you think real hard it stands to reason you could have it programmed to help you interpret and react to social stimulus appropriately while you plot the next phase of negotiation (ie you smile when you should instead of scowling behind you sunglasses like you normally do wink.gif. Hot wire a emotitoy into it? A blood circut control systems sounds like it'd go a long way to suppress the physiological response to fear or apprehension. Honestly a series of auto injectors with various hormones and a biomonitor would be able to accomplish quiet a lot. You could shut down fight or flight at will, dump some extra dopamine to even out your mood and so on. Probably have a bunch of preset triggers like "Don't freak out!" and "Show that that you're angry!".

Just some ideas.
b1ffov3rfl0w
Totally what I'm talking about, yeah. I imagine wired reflexes have to do a lot of finicky stuff to your epinephrine/norepinephrine systems, jacking them up without making you a klutz and dealing with the overstimulation effects. I'm trying to think of a reason not to have a cyberware way of duplicating the Kinesics power (IRL, kinesics is more like a scientific approach to method acting than it is like a magic power), aside from "game balance". I'm mainly referring to the defeating Judge Intentions tests part, not so much the social skills bonuses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012