Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scouring for Information
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
O'Donnell Heir
Been playing Shadowrun for a bit now, didn't get too far into the background, and only today read the annotated Dunkelzhan's Will. That was where I first saw the name mentioned in Shadowrun: O'Donnell. Being of decent from Huge Roe O'Donnell, also known as "Red" Hugh O'Donnell, I was certainly surprised and intrigued by this, especially given that the line has apparently awakened in the Shadowrun universe and as I love delving into the background of my family. Delving into the fictional foreground of my family will make a nice change.

I plan on making an Elven mage of the same family line in Shadowrun, and I'm looking for any information that is out there in shadowrun about the O'Donnell, Dannan-Mor family of Tir na Nog. Any books they in, or mentions of them would be great!

Thanks.
Ancient History
Not much to add, really. The Danaan families were introduced in the Tír na nÓg sourcebook as one of the Danaan-mòr families associated with the County Ulster, which was reaffirmed in the more recent Shadows of Europe sourcebook. There's no specific details on the bequest available-the price of gold being highly variable, without an exact exchange rate the date of the "last meal" can't be fixed.
Critias
It seems like picking up Tir na nOg, Celtic Double Cross (just for more fluff), and Shadows of Europe would hook you up with all the information that's out there.

If you're making it in SR4, I'd suggest a high Edge attribute. Not to represent luck, so much as a familial destiny for greatness. I'm playing a Tir (Tairngire) elf in a game right now that's got his own rather potent lineage, and having that high Edge attribute, to show the favor of the gods and the fact your blood carries greatness, has been quite nice.
O'Donnell Heir
Thanks for the feedback. Just finished reading through the Tir Na NOg book that I picked up from a friend, and I got most of the information in there. The whole book was a good read for more info into the Elves of that nation though.

Danaan Family, one of the eight Danaan-Mor, located in Ulster.
DV8
O'Donnel in Dunkelzahn's Will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012