Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A problem with Spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
Another thread got me thinking about spirits in the SR universe. My problem is that spirits can use certain powers regardless of how hard it should be to use that power. For instance, a spirit with the power of movement can use that power just as easily on an jet plane or aircraft carrier as it can on a guy on a bike or running. A spirit with guard could use that power again on an aircraft carrier or nuclear sub as easily as on a group of flesh and blood runners. This stretches the limits of credulity for me. For consistency if a mage has to beat an or test to effect certain objects why doesn't a spirit?
I'm thinking, give the spirit 2xforce in dice to roll the threshold based on the OR table.
any comments?
Adarael
I generally limit "one target" powers to specific sizes of object. I've ruled that the force of the guard/movement/accident ETC is reduced by the body of any target that's inanimate. I.E. the effectiveness of the movement power at Force 10 is effectively Force 2 when used on a Mercury Comet, because a Mercury Comet has Body 8.

It keeps people from going totally nuts with hitting a submarine-sized "target" with accident or conceal or something.
fool
that sounds like a good house rule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012