Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perception test
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Backgammon
If ever your players argue that your Perception test had too high a threshold, show them this video grinbig.gif
Malicant
Either your link is borked, or the internet hates me. grinbig.gif
psionghost
LOL, that was great...
MarCazm
I think the bear needs some extra moonwalk lessons. biggrin.gif
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (Malicant @ Apr 9 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Either your link is borked, or the internet hates me. grinbig.gif

Works well for me, I guess the Internet joins the Hate U club also. grinbig.gif

WMS
Malicant
Stupid Internet. biggrin.gif
WhiteWolf
That was great!!! I did get the number of passes correct, but that was it.
Larme
Sorry mister shadowrunner, the security guards told you to watch them pass a basketball, so you get a -20 DP to notice the sniper who comes out in the open and starts killing your team nyahnyah.gif
Critias
Nah, it's Shadowrun. Not seeing a moonwalking bear is plenty plausible. The exact same test could apply.
DTFarstar
Is it bad that instead of being like "Holy shit! a Moonwalking bear!" I was watching it before I read any of the comments and was just like "Huh, the mascot is acting like a jackass, and that's 13 passes." I just completely wrote the bear off as some dude being an idiot. I had to rewatch to notice he did a passable moonwalk.

Chris
Malicant
Teh Internet loves me again.
I saw the bear, but I did not recognize him as one. Shoddy resolution, looked just like a punk in way to big clothing to me. That would count as a Perception glitch, I guess grinbig.gif
WhiteWolf
QUOTE (DTFarstar @ Apr 10 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Is it bad that instead of being like "Holy shit! a Moonwalking bear!" I was watching it before I read any of the comments and was just like "Huh, the mascot is acting like a jackass, and that's 13 passes." I just completely wrote the bear off as some dude being an idiot. I had to rewatch to notice he did a passable moonwalk.

Chris

In my game you would have made your perception test then. biggrin.gif
DocTaotsu
That's why there's that -2 DP for operating through remote AR.
DTFarstar
Mine too, probably. It was less my perception failing and more my preconception of mascots taking over.

Chris
john_doe
Well, i got the passes but totally missed the bear.

I must have glitched as well. Either that or my BTL hadn't kicked in yet to make me see a Dancing bear in the middle of a basketball exercise.
b1ffov3rfl0w
On further review I note that it's a guy in a bear suit, not a moonwalking bear. But he is, more or less, moonwalking.
MadPiper
Backgammon, thank you, you just really made my day!
nathanross
Wow! They totally stacked the deck though, since you were focusing on white and they brought in a bear in black that mixed in with what you were already ignoring (at least I was). Also, the resolution sucks, and even when I was looking for the bear, he sure didn't look like one. He also still has a white face which prevents him from sticking out even further. Really I'm just making excuses for why I didnt see the bear, but quite funny none the less.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012