Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Style Domestic Disputes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Redjack
The girlfriend told authorities they were fighting over which gang their son should join. The girlfriend, who is black, is a member of the Crips while Manzanares, who is Hispanic, belongs to the Westside Ballers.
Parents Argue Over Which Gang 4-Year-Old Son Should Join

Would have thought this was a tagline from a story out of the Barrens....
Stahlseele
people is sick *nod*
CircuitBoyBlue
This is absolutely wrong. The kid should be allowed to pick his own gang to waste his life with.
martindv
In shadowrun the family would be fighting over which corp to align the kid with.
Redjack
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ Apr 11 2008, 02:18 PM) *
This is absolutely wrong. The kid should be allowed to pick his own gang to waste his life with.
He'll probably rebel and go with a gang at war with both his parent's gangs...

QUOTE (martindv @ Apr 11 2008, 02:26 PM) *
In shadowrun the family would be fighting over which corp to align the kid with.
Not in the Barrens, Chummer... Not in the Barrens...
Kingmaker
Not outside the barrens either. The very idea of an intercorp romance sickens me.
MarCazm
The kid rebels and goes to school!!!
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (Kingmaker @ Apr 11 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Not outside the barrens either. The very idea of an intercorp romance sickens me.

What is this, the 50s?
PBTHHHHT
EAAASSTTTSIIIIDEEEE!!!

Is it time to provide that link again for the I feel pretty song? silly.gif
nathanross
QUOTE (Kingmaker @ Apr 11 2008, 03:02 PM) *

SR mating is done Japanese style. Boy joins corp, boy meets girl who also works at corp, girl marries boy, have kid who then goes to work for corp as well. Wonderful.
Fortune
Inter-corp intercourse interference syndrome.
ludomastro
*shakes head sadly*

Very SR though, I must give you that.
b1ffov3rfl0w
How did those two stay together long enough to have a 4yo? Shouldn't they have perished in some botched plan involving an apothecary and bad communication?
Fortune
One or the other of them was probably incarcerated for a fairly large percentage of that span of time. wink.gif
Critias
When you're a Jet, you're a Jet!
Adarael
This is ridiculous.

It should be the Crips. They have like, five times the manpower of the Ballers, EASY.
Heath Robinson
They're arguing over this when there's a simpler way to do it? I'm sure gangs would be willing to pay for exclusive access to future manpower.
kzt
Gangbangers are not exactly big on long-term planning. Paying now for something in several years? Why? They guys being asked to pay will likely have been dead for >5 years by the time the kid is 15.
Adarael
I dispute that, kzt. Small street gangs, you're absolutely right. But the bigger ones like the bloods, crips, ms-13, 18th street - they all spot promising corner kids early, and have been known to drop money or simple jobs their way to build loyalty at an early age. If the kids get in trouble, the gang bails them out or handles it. It's BECAUSE the middle ranks have so much churn that they invest in new blood - if you lose 1/3rd your workforce to bullets and another 1/3rd to jail, you want to make damn sure that newcomers feel it's worth it to be shot at, and also won't roll on you when they inevitably get popped by the police.

A lot of these gangs have really smart business sense when it comes to HR. Poor business sense in a lot of other regards, but their 'hr people' are on the ball.
Rail
QUOTE (biff0v3rfl0w)
How did those two stay together long enough to have a 4yo? Shouldn't they have perished in some botched plan involving an apothecary and bad communication?

Bravo, sir. Although, please be less funny next time, I woke my wife up with my laughing.

edit: cause I am a tool.
Ryu
QUOTE (Kingmaker @ Apr 11 2008, 10:02 PM) *

Not only you, but the PITO ratings of the offenders, too. Unless the partner in question has valuable insider information and talks while sleeping.
mrslamm0
I have no hope for humanity any more..oh wait I never did... spin.gif
Rad
QUOTE (MarCazm @ Apr 11 2008, 12:14 PM) *
The kid rebels and goes to school!!!

That's the best thing ever.

Or maybe it just seems funnier on 24 hrs of no sleep...
bclements
QUOTE (Adarael @ Apr 13 2008, 02:09 PM) *
I dispute that, kzt. Small street gangs, you're absolutely right. But the bigger ones like the bloods, crips, ms-13, 18th street - they all spot promising corner kids early, and have been known to drop money or simple jobs their way to build loyalty at an early age. If the kids get in trouble, the gang bails them out or handles it. It's BECAUSE the middle ranks have so much churn that they invest in new blood - if you lose 1/3rd your workforce to bullets and another 1/3rd to jail, you want to make damn sure that newcomers feel it's worth it to be shot at, and also won't roll on you when they inevitably get popped by the police.

A lot of these gangs have really smart business sense when it comes to HR. Poor business sense in a lot of other regards, but their 'hr people' are on the ball.

Definatly. The guy that wrote this book has not only more balls than I do, but shows a pretty business-like approach to most operational manners. I wouldn't expect high end SR gangs to have any real difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012