Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New negative quality idea's?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadPiper
Hello, I am looking into ideas for making a negative quality. Something like a split personality disorder. One dominant mind, but another mind can pop up under bad situations and cause problems. I was thinking it would be similar to a composer test, maybe threshold 3? Triggers could be when you take physical damage, stun, or maybe when you have taken so many stun/physical damage? Or maybe when you lose on a social roll you have to make a check to stop the other personality from making some backhand insult. Brainstorming basically.
sunnyside
You want your GM to bite? Let them have control of the other personality as an NPC. Otherwise this just sets off my GM radar as a negative quality that will get swept under the rug except where it annoys me and doesn't hinder the character.

Now a character I randomly get to control with a personality I picked love.gif 20 point flaw for you sir.

Daier Mune
hmm. this could be pretty interesting, actualy, if you came from the right angle. what if your character was captured by insect shamans (or some other inhabitation tradition) and the inhabitation ritual went wrong at some point, sticking you and the spirit in the same body. or what if you're an ex-meat puppet from a bunraku parlor, who was loaded with an experimental highly-sophisticated personafix that was self aware?

you'd have to work out with the GM what the personality triggers would be ahead of time.
Muspellsheimr
Augmentation: Multiple Personality Disorder - 20 point negative quality, near the back of the book (don't have it on me at the moment, so I cannot give an exact page), in the back of the full cyborg/cyberzombie section. The section also has mania/phobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and a few more interesting qualities. They are not designed for player use, but work just fine.
Cthulhudreams
As Moderate Allergy: Gold is a viable thing suggested in the book that gets you 10 BP and really costs nothing, the only place you can really go wrong is by making the negative quality too harsh.
Eyeless Blond
There's a mental Flaw like this in the Augmentation book, actually. For some reason, the mental Flaws were buried at the end of the cyberzombie section.

The Flaw is harsh, because 1) you switch personalities in stressful situations, so it may eat actions in the middle of a fight, and 2) You have to split your Skills.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012