Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unwired previews
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Casper
Ok so I know its way early and it just went to layout but I have to see if puppy dog eyes and begging for treats will get me anywhere. Maybe just an idea when e might get previews.

Earlydawn
Yeah, it's been a while. Any update on Unwired?
Blue eyes
Would be nice with a "Unwired" preview and maybe even a look at the cover.

A general update on the official site concerning upcoming books, with a short description of them would be very welcome imo! biggrin.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Blue eyes @ Apr 15 2008, 05:09 AM) *
A general update on the official site concerning upcoming books, with a short description of them would be very welcome imo! biggrin.gif

This will hopefully happen over the next week, as I'm in Seattle before the GAMA Trade Show and I hope to power through a lot of the small marketing/PR stuff that's been slipping through the cracks over the last crazy months.

Unwired previews will happen on schedule. No amount of asking will move that schedule. wink.gif
Aaron
I'm willing to bet there'll be stuff on the Matrix. Hope that helps. =i)
Leofski
With Unwired now back from proofreading and being corrected, I'm assuming (hoping nyahnyah.gif) that it won't be too long until the PDF release. Preview typically start after that if I remember correctly.
Starmage21
I refuse to look at a preview and get excited about it now. Its too easy for it to be a terribad april fools joke.
Fuchs
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Apr 15 2008, 05:25 PM) *
I refuse to look at a preview and get excited about it now. Its too easy for it to be a terribad april fools joke.

Yeah, who knows when the next "april fool's" joke will be played? June? July? Maybe they'll tell us the Unwired PDF was a joke shortly before Unwired comes out in print, and we can then get buy the real PDF.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 15 2008, 03:37 AM) *
This will hopefully happen over the next week, as I'm in Seattle before the GAMA Trade Show and I hope to power through a lot of the small marketing/PR stuff that's been slipping through the cracks over the last crazy months.

Unwired previews will happen on schedule. No amount of asking will move that schedule. wink.gif

You're in town?

If you'd given me some warning I would have offered to take you out for a beer as a thanks for all the great work over the years smile.gif
Method
I agree. Beer would be in order...

What is the GAMA Trade Show? (EDIT: besides the obvious "trade show for the Game Manufacturers Association"... their website says nothing about an event in Seattle that I can find).
Adam
I'm in town until the 28th, Steve, except for the 20th to 24th when I'm in Vega for the GAMA Trade Show, which is basically what it sounds like: manufacturers/publishers and retailers and distributors all gabbing and showing off new stuff.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 15 2008, 01:49 PM) *
I'm in town until the 28th, Steve, except for the 20th to 24th when I'm in Vega for the GAMA Trade Show, which is basically what it sounds like: manufacturers/publishers and retailers and distributors all gabbing and showing off new stuff.

Cool, well if you have some time free we can try to set something up. Send me a PM and I'll get contact info to you.
HullBreach
Actually the supplement Im really pumped about is Ghost Cartels. I have a feeling its going to shake things up a bit.
Fortune
QUOTE (HullBreach @ Apr 16 2008, 07:15 AM) *
Actually the supplement Im really pumped about is Ghost Cartels.

You and me both. I have very little interest in Unwired, although I will definitely be buying it. The Matrix just doesn't really do it for me like it does for some people, but I love plot and setting development.
Blue eyes
Feel the same way, the matrix has never really done it for me either, but I need it as a gm.

Im also looking forward to Ghots Cartels, always like the plot books. Looking forward to seeing what they have come up with this time!

Feral cities will be interesting too, with an update about Chicago and hopefully some other interesting cities.

I hope we will see all these books this year. After these 3 I belive its time for Runner's Companion? Atleast that was indicated at the last chat as far as I remember.
Zen Shooter01
Feral Cities does sound pretty interesting to me. But of course I've been wanting Unwired since a long time gone.
CanRay
I, personally, like the new Matrix rules, and think that it could finally work with a Cyberpunk game. So am eagerly awaiting Unwired.

No longer is everyone else waiting around while one person has all the fun!

But I have yet to put it into practice, so might be wrong.

That, and I'm a sucker for Gear Books. Which is why I was so happy Augmented and Arsenal came out so soon! biggrin.gif
Wesley Street
I'm looking forward to all those resource and plot books as well. But I'm also hoping for another fully developed one-shot adventure like On The Runin the near future. My players got a kick out of that one and it saved me a lot of heavy lifting. Yeah, yeah, I'm soooooooo lazy. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
You do know about Shadowrun Missions, don't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012