Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor Suit Capacity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
toturi
When an armor suit is modified, do the modifications count both towards Maximum Armor Modifications and Armor Suit Capacity?

Full Body Armor comes with a wireless link, is this already factored into its Capacity? Similarly with the Urban Explorer.
WearzManySkins
No the wireless links do not count against the maximum capacity. Just like weapons having a smartgun link, the link does not count against the 6 slots for modding the weapon.

WMS
Tarantula
QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Apr 17 2008, 05:20 AM) *
No the wireless links do not count against the maximum capacity. Just like weapons having a smartgun link, the link does not count against the 6 slots for modding the weapon.

WMS

Unless the smartlink is internal, in which case it is a modification unless it comes that way from design.
hobgoblin
indeed, thats the important point about modifications for armor, weapons and vehicles alike. if it comes with something pr default, it does not take any capacity.
Prime Mover
Not exactly on topic but.

Can ya wear form fitting with military grade armor? Says you cant mix it with other armors..but not allowing FF would seem to nerf lower end of full suits?
Tarantula
You can't mix it.
Speed Wraith
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Apr 17 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Can ya wear form fitting with military grade armor? Says you cant mix it with other armors..but not allowing FF would seem to nerf lower end of full suits?

Heh, I don't allow FF to stack with anything in my games nyahnyah.gif
Beetle
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Apr 17 2008, 12:56 PM) *

The military grade armor specifically says no other armor can be worn with it. Page 51, last sentence in the second paragraph.
Cabral
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Apr 17 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Unless the smartlink is internal, in which case it is a modification unless it comes that way from design.

Unless you do it with just the BBB and mod it with Arsenal later ...
Tarantula
QUOTE (Cabral @ Apr 17 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Unless you do it with just the BBB and mod it with Arsenal later ...

Wrong, the internal smartlink in arsenal REPLACES the one in SR4, adding to it a slot and threshold to do so.
Cabral
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Apr 17 2008, 09:23 PM) *
Wrong, the internal smartlink in arsenal REPLACES the one in SR4, adding to it a slot and threshold to do so.

That's what I get for forgetting to add a wink.gif ... nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
I'm just wondering if "Pimped Ride" could be added onto armour! The Combat Cycle Bodyarmour needs a bit more... Pizzaz in order to rile up the crowd.
Tarantula
QUOTE (Cabral @ Apr 18 2008, 06:03 AM) *
That's what I get for forgetting to add a wink.gif ... nyahnyah.gif

Nah, you woulda got it anyway, just to prevent the spread of false info (even in an attempt to make a joke)
toturi
So do the modifications to a armor suit count both towards the mod maximum and suit capacity? Or do "built in" mods count for capacity and not max mods and "add on" mods count for mod maximum and not suit capacity?

Can those mods that have a capacity rating be applied to those clothing without a capacity?
Tarantula
Ratings of modifications count toward the mod maximum. Capacity costs of modifications count toward suit capacity.

Modifications that come standard with the armor count toward neither.

Mods that have a capacity cost are for being built into the armor/clothing specifically. If your armor/clothing has no capacity, you can have that mod built into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012