Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Back in the Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Songs of Concrete
I'm getting back into Shadowrun after a really long absence from the game. And I've got a few questions that I need some help with.

What books are currently in print/available for SR4? The Catalyst site is kinda confusing there.

Come to think of is, what's the deal with Catalyst? I thought FanPro was doing the new Shadowrun & BattleTech stuff. Did they lose the license or what?
Speed Wraith
Catalyst just publishes the game, the rest is very confusing nyahnyah.gif

Currently in print (IIRC) are the main book, the screen (w/insert), Arsenal (gear, vehicles, armor, guns, etc.), Street Magic (magic sourcebook), Augmentation (cyber, bio, nanoware, etc.), On The Run (intro adventure), Corporate Enclaves (haven't gotten my hands on this yet, but it is a corp sourcebook), Runner Havens (sourcebook on Seattle and a few other runner-friendly settings) and something else that I'm forgetting...
john_doe
Main Book
Magic Book (Street Magic)
Cyber/Bio Book (Augmentation)
Gear Book (Arsenal)

3 Setting books [Corporate Enclaves, Runner Havens, and Emergence (if Emergence counts as a setting book)]
1 pre-made run (On the Run)
GM Screen with Adventures and Contacts book insert.

Did i miss anything?

-edit-
Damn, Speed Wraith beat me to it. Your namesake is accurate. wink.gif
WhiteWolf
Well you have picked a good time to come back. Not sure what happened with FanPro and Catalyst for I came back just before Catalyst took over, but in the short time Catalyst has been in charge of Shadowrun they have done a great job of producing material in the last 10 months. Here is a list of the items they have available now:

Shadowrun 4e CAT26000 - Manuel - Version 1.3 by FanPro LLC
Shadowrun 4e CAT26002 - Augmentation
Shadowrun 4e CAT26003 - Arsenal
Shadowrun 4e CAT26004 - Street Magic
Shadowrun 4e CAT26005 - Runner Havens
Shadowrun 4e CAT26201 - Corporate Enclaves
Shadowrun 4e CAT26301 - Emergence (Supplement)
Shadowrun 4e FPR26003 - On the Run (Modual)

And they have a few more items coming out before the end of the year. WOOT!!! By the way I like the SR4 rules; there are some who still prefer to play by the SR3 rules.

Oh yeah I forgot about the GM Screen with the insert.
Speed Wraith
QUOTE (john_doe @ Apr 17 2008, 12:02 PM) *
3 Setting books [Corporate Enclaves, Runner Havens, and Emergence (if Emergence counts as a setting book)]

QUOTE (WhiteWolf @ Apr 17 2008, 12:11 PM) *
Shadowrun 4e CAT26301 - Emergence (Supplement)

Ah, I knew I forgot one. Need to grab that one too since I actually have a danged technomancer in my game. Hard to not use one since we started playing again. wink.gif
john_doe
Actually, i believe the main book is now on version 1.5. has the CGL logo instead of the wizkids logo on the front.

crisper print, and some of the tables have been moved. Sucks i had to pay another 35 bucks to get a new printing of the book, but in the new books defense it doesn't appear to be suffering from the Crumple Disease like previous SR books all seem to acquire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012