Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mundane Matrix Boosters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ArkonC
On account of our current team not having a decker, I decided to start decking myself...
I've bought a decent commlink with a decent os, some programs...
And then it hit me... I know fuck all about hackers...
Now I think I have a handle on how things work, but I'm not sure how to improve my 1337 skillz...
- Increasing Skills with karma
- Increasing Program Ratings with Nuyen
- Some drugs, top being that one that gives +1 int and +2 to logic linked skills
- Going hot, more ini, more IPs, +2 to all actions
- Encephalon +1 to logic linked skills, +1 to cracking and electronics groups (EDIT)
- Math SPU +2 to Electronic Warfare and mathematics (EDIT - Seems pretty pointless since you don't actually seem to roll Electronic warfare a lot)
- Simsense Booster +1 IP in VR (EDIT)
- PuSHeD +1 To logic linked skill rolls (EDIT)
Isn't there a bunch of ware or other things that make you better?
Is there more?

EDIT:
also, is there any difference between
QUOTE ('BBB p. 331')
Sim Module: An implanted version of the external sim module (see p. 318), popular with sim lovers and BTL users.
Headware Essence Capacity Availability Cost
Sim Module 0.2 [2] �€� 2,000¥
Hot-Sim Modified 0.2 [2] 12F 5,000Â¥

and
QUOTE ('BBB p. 331')
Simrig: This is an implanted version of the external sim module (see p. 318).
Simrig 0.5 �€� 8 5,000

?
Cthulhudreams
Depending on whatever else it is your character does, it can often be advantegeous not to use VR, and instead (if you have 3IP from another source) just use AR, and have a pile of commlinks ready to go.
ArkonC
Being the Face/Doc, I have no IP boosters (apart from drugs)...
And I like going hot, it's more exciting... wink.gif
Sir_Psycho
Don't you roll EW to encrypt and generally secure your teams communications? Isn't that something you should be doing all the time?
ArkonC
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho @ Apr 18 2008, 06:46 AM) *
Don't you roll EW to encrypt and generally secure your teams communications? Isn't that something you should be doing all the time?

Well, I would, but that's not how encryption works...
You roll Decrypt + Response (Encryption rating x 2, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test to break an encryption.
EW doesn't come into play here, it's only used to find and intercept signals...
Sir_Psycho
... That's retarded.
Ustio
Dont forgot the Neo Cortical thingymabob (damm I wish I carried my books evrywhere - or that i could chip 'em) +r to logic linked skills with R being 1-3 is great for deckers (yes deckers damm it)

Id get a r2 nanohive stuff it in the cyber arm along with the other bits and bobs (hmm essence 0.5 +.25xR or cap 2, what a difficult choice) this will support that ncs and the memmory one reduces karama for knowledge skills (also my GM let me apply it to CFs coz hes nice that way)
Jaid
QUOTE (ArkonC @ Apr 17 2008, 11:57 PM) *
EDIT:
also, is there any difference between

QUOTE ('BBB p. 331')

Sim Module: An implanted version of the external sim module (see p. 318), popular with sim lovers and BTL users.
Sim Module 0.2 [2] �€� 2,000¥
Hot-Sim Modified 0.2 [2] 12F 5,000Â¥

and

QUOTE ('BBB p. 331')
Simrig: This is an implanted version of the external sim module (see p. 318).
Simrig 0.5 �€� 8 5,000

?

yes. the first one is a player, the second one both plays and records.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012