Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dwarves! In POWER ARMOR!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HentaiZonga
So, a question: how many Capacity points would my Dwarf Rigger take up inside a Troll-sized anthroform drone?
weblife
In rigger3 there were rules for adding seats, maybe there is something similar somewhere in Arsenal maybe.
Larme
There are not precise rules for adding a seat for a pilot to a drone. Also, have you ever looked inside a real robot? They're not like Bender with a big empty chest compartment, there is important stuff in there. Turning a Tomino into an armored suit would require very heavy modification, which I don't think is represented by any mods in Arsenal.

Still, there are two that could get the job done: Special Storage could be used to add a compartment to the drone with a Body size equal to that of the person that going to pilot the drone. Then you could add a rigger cocoon, which would give the rigger a place to sit inside the vehicle.

Still, why would you ever do this in Shadowrun, outside of the coolness factor? A Tomino is essentially military hardware. Nobody is like "oh look, a guy in an anthro drone, neat," they're like "oh look, a walker tank built for high threat combat." A Tomino is essentially guaranteed to get noticed. And it's quite slow, so when the HRT gets called on you, you're dead. You'd do much better with a vehicle that can actually do what your team needs a rigger to do: insert and extract them and their gear. You can provide heavy combat support with any number of more reasonable wheeled or aerial drones. The Tomino's high expense and high profile means it's never really a good idea, whether you've ginned it into an armor suit or even if you're just using it as a drone.
CanRay
OK, for some reason, a combination of ZZ Top and KISS just popped into my head at this topic subject.

I have no idea why. But I'm thinking that would make a great Metal band!
Stahlseele
probably because zz-top has the typical dwarven beards and kiss looks like metal *g*
also: Walker-Mod to the Horseman-Drone or however that is called?
Larme
Actually, since I'm a 40k nerd, I thought "Aw, crap the Squats are back! Why won't they die??"
trollface666
QUOTE (Larme @ Apr 19 2008, 02:21 PM) *
Actually, since I'm a 40k nerd, I thought "Aw, crap the Squats are back! Why won't they die??"

I thought the exact same thing smile.gif
b1ffov3rfl0w
QUOTE (Larme @ Apr 19 2008, 09:32 AM) *
Also, have you ever looked inside a real robot? They're not like Bender with a big empty chest compartment, there is important stuff in there.

Hey, Bender's chest compartment is full of important stuff: Charlemagne's bones, the heads of Lucy Liu, Jay Leno and Luciano Pavarotti, a whole bunch of beer, a planet-buster bomb, and I think a toilet.
Larme
And one time, there was machinery which was less complicated than a cheap watch. But that was only for one episode.

Also, when you eat Bender's brain, nothing happens to him.

For this reason, I suggest we not use Futurama as a model for how robots work grinbig.gif
CanRay
"See, Homer, all those things in there, that's why your robot didn't work."
b1ffov3rfl0w
Obviously Bender's extremely advanced -- his various parts can operate independently, and that "empty" chest cavity is bigger on the inside than it is outside.
Method
And, really, why would your rigger want to BE IN a Tomino when he can just JUMP INTO a Tomino and experience everything as if he were there?
PlatonicPimp
Take a vehicle that already has a space for your rigger. Then give it the walker mod, and two mechanical arms. Bam-power armor for you. Cheaper than a Tomino, too.
crash2029
Sontarans!
Jackstand
I've never read the vehicle mods in any great detail. Can you get a walker modification that you can switch on and off, and retractable arms? Your Westwind 3000 could be a robot in disguise!

The rigger cocoon is the head.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp @ May 17 2008, 08:24 AM) *
Take a vehicle that already has a space for your rigger. Then give it the walker mod, and two mechanical arms. Bam-power armor for you. Cheaper than a Tomino, too.

Wow, MUCH cheaper. And I can get Strength and Agility bonuses!

Looks like I can get a Body 10/+20 Armor, Strength 17, Agility 10 walker - that seats 4! - for anywhere between $60,000 and $100,000. And the Speed/Acceleration can get up to around 15 / 35 (95).

Hrm. Given that, I think the best change to make would be to cut the Speed and Acceleration to 1/4 instead of 1/2, and set the price equal to Body x 5,000 instead of Body x 500.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 17 2008, 06:37 PM) *
Hrm. Given that, I think the best change to make would be to cut the Speed and Acceleration to 1/4 instead of 1/2, and set the price equal to Body x 5,000 instead of Body x 500.

Ok! Given the above, we have:

Hyundai Shin-Hyung - 17,000
-Handling: +2
-Acceleration: 20 / 45
-Speed: 160 kph
-Slots: 14

Walker mod: 50,000
-Handling: +3
-Acceleration: 5 / 11
-Speed: 40 kph
-Strength Enhancement x7: 1,050
-Agility Enhancement x7: 1,050
-Remaining Slots: 12
Mechanical Arm: 4,000
-Remaining Slots: 10
Mechanical Arm: 4,000
-Remaining Slots: 8
Body Stabilizer 3: 9,000
-Remaining Slots: 5
Engine Customization (Acceleration 6 / 13): 3,250
-Remaining Slots: 3
Nitrous Injection: 2,500
-Remaining Slots: 2
Pimped Ride 2: 5,000
-Remaining Slots: 1
Rigger Cocoon: 1,500
-Remaining Slots: 0
Response 6 Autonav: 8,000
Sensor Upgrades: 2,350

Total: 110,000 nuyen
Finished stats:
Body - 10 (+5 Armor)
Strength - 17
Agility - 10
Response - 6
Handling: +3
Acceleration: 6/13
Speed: 40

So it's slower than a Tomino, but a bit stronger and tougher, and a lot cheaper. That feels about right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012