Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Sprites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
streetangelj
Due to the TM in my game's mental disorder, she ended up summoning 2 sprites while she was "not there" mentally, so I ruled that they went free rather than following orders of someone who was effectively catatonic. My question now is what should I do with these sprites? Any ideas out there?
Aaron
I would bet money that there's info in Unwired.
Blade
They become free software.
Aaron
But are they open source?
Blade
They have to, in order to be Free software.
Aaron
That depends on whether you mean "free as in speech" or "free as in beer."
Speed Wraith
Well, the sidebar on page 236 mentions that uncontrolled sprites likely to act like uncontrolled spirits. I would reason that a "free sprite" would exhibit behavior similar to that of a free spirit. Everything involving sprites closely resembles spirits so that'd be the first thing I'd look to for inspiration.

I don't know what the character's exact mental issues are, but I would use the character's personality and frame of mind at the time they were compiled to figure out what they're like. Something on a subconcious level would have likely scripted them...Perhaps they would be like the character's mental problems personified?
Prospero
The download themselves onto multiple optical chips and send themselves around the country to every mail drop as UCAS Online free trial subscriptions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012