Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit power regeneration
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadPiper
Could a spirit use regeneration on a person? As a service? Without endowment? I am trying to figure out what spirit powers a spirit could be asked to use on other people. Without endowment of course.
Stahlseele
no, i am pretty sure that regeneration only works on the spirit itself and a body it is possessing . . what i am kinda unsure about would be if the regeneration power works on possessed vehicles and the such too . .
weblife
There is a drug granting Regeneration power, costs 1.200 pr. dose I think.

But you have to be ON the drug when the damage occurs.

"will gradually regenerate back to its original living form. A
wooden homunculus grows leaves and roots, for example, while a
corpse regains the semblance of life."

The blurb in citation marks are from Street Magic's description on the special Free Spirit version of the Regeneration power, and describes what happens when such a spirit posesses a vessel.

So I guess that actual regeneration of a living person could be attained through the posession of a Free Spirit with this power.

If used on a corpse... And then kicking the spirit out and kickstarting the heart, if this would return the person to life or simply have a living veggie (due to the braindamage sustained until the spirit entered and started regeneraton), is going to be up to the GM I suppose.

Ugh, creepy stuff. smile.gif
Tarantula
What about getting it through a spirit pact?
Cabral
Or get it through a possessing great form plant spirit. biggrin.gif
MadPiper
Ok, I did not think a spirit could do without endowment. Regeneration is a no. But something like concealment, guard, magical guard, etc etc, the spirit could use that on a party right?
Tarantula
Yes, concealment, guard, magical guard, all work for use on a party. I think there is a limit of people equal to force of the spirit. So a force 3 spirit could only conceal 3 people. (Or two and the spirit)
FrankTrollman
If used on a corpse... And then kicking the spirit out and kickstarting the heart, if this would return the person to life or simply have a living veggie (due to the braindamage sustained until the spirit entered and started regeneraton), is going to be up to the GM I suppose.

It's a nod to the Master Shedim. If you kick them out of the body, the body quickly dies again because of the lack of a functioning brain system. Without proper nerve stimulation, a body won't breathe. Of course, you could put it on a respirator and keep it "alive" pretty much indefinitely if you wanted to. I could easily imagine someone using that kind of thing to pull a Schiavo in order to tie up inheritance litigation for years after someone had already died.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012