Unarmed Combat (Subdual Combat): 6
Dodge: 4
Running: 4
Demolitions: 4

English: N

Gear:
Obvious Full Cyber-Arm
+Capacity Increase 4
+High-Explosive Implant Bombs x6 (aka 'Area Cranial Bombs', using high-explosive grenade stats)
Obvious Full Cyber-Arm
+Capacity Increase 4
+High-Explosive Implant Bombs x6
Obvious Full Cyber-Leg
+Capacity Increase 4
+High-Explosive Implant Bombs x8
Obvious Full Cyber-Leg
+Capacity Increase 4
+High-Explosive Implant Bombs x8
Obvious Full Cyber-Torso
+Capacity Increase 2
+High-Explosive Implant Bombs x4
Obvious Full Cyber-Skull
+Capacity Increase 2
+High-Explosive Implant Bombs x2

I'm only at 384 BP; what else do I need?
krakjen
Remove some implant bombs, instead add some smuggling compartment full of C4 and steel balls (or nails for a cheaper version), more like a claymore mine, you'll improve the killing ratio/range...
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (krakjen @ Apr 20 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Remove some implant bombs, instead add some smuggling compartment full of C4 and steel balls (or nails for a cheaper version), more like a claymore mine, you'll improve the killing ratio/range...

I like the cut of your jib, sir.
krakjen
And you can also compensate the visibility weakness of this build with some ruthenium chameleon coating and thermal damping...
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (krakjen @ Apr 20 2008, 02:16 AM) *
And you can also compensate the visibility weakness of this build with some ruthenium chameleon coating and thermal damping...

Ooh. I hadn't thought of that! Truth be told, though, I'm not sure that fits the "style" I'm going for. I'll definitely bear it in mind, though.
sunnyside
I don't know exactly what you're going for.

But that's actually a bit of a pricey one time thing. Just fill up his essence with smuggling compartments (essentailly a semi hollowed out torso) and then, yeah, go for the high explosives.

An advantage of this is that huggles doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. On that note I would use extra availible points to pick up some Ettiquit and maybe up the charisma by 1. This would allow him to cover his approach as nothing noteworthy.

I'm also not so sure you really need subdual combat unless his primary job is just to knock his tarrget out and take him somewhere and the go boom things is a fallback.

IQ Zero
A troll suicide bomber?

Cyberware for smuggling in the explosives?

Try pumping as much into charisma as you can. Then get the various social skills to allow you to enter the place where your target will be.

Though I'm certain that anyone with that much cyberware (legs and arms) would be scanned carefully.
masterofm
Have him wear r16 sculpted pressed C4 and make it look like extremely heavy body armor. He should also carry some grenades and set off the C4 by a trigger switch on his palms. That should do it... I mean like 60 pounds of r16 C4 could level like a three story building.

Or maybe if the C4 looked like a huge Barney costume and when he hugs the person he says "I love y..." BOOM!
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (masterofm @ Apr 20 2008, 07:36 AM) *
Or maybe if the C4 looked like a huge Barney costume and when he hugs the person he says "I love y..." BOOM!

THIS.
krakjen
He doesn't need charisma, he need a fragging trebuchet !
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (krakjen @ Apr 20 2008, 02:50 AM) *
He doesn't need charisma, he need a fragging trebuchet !

Behold my powers of necromancy!

Heh. So, I finally got to play Huggles G. McTroll to good effect in a one-shot game.

The GM was enforcing "no one knows anything about anyone", so we were all keeping our gear list/etc. separate. I asked the GM if I could have a "surprise" bit of gear in my cyberlimbs. The GM allowed it, and didn't even ask what it was, just the nuyen cost.

The hacker was already hacking all the security scanners we were going through routinely, so there was no way a chem-sniffer could pick up on the residue (of course, it's all sealed up anyway).

We get to the last room, where there's a dragon who's supposed to terrify us, then offer us a job.

There's a two-second distraction in the midst of negotiations, so I leap at the dragon, shouting "FOR YOUUUUU!!!", and grab ahold of its neck. The GM shrugs and says "okay, the Dragon is really surprised, so you actually grab ahold of his neck. Of course, now he's going to -"

Meanwhile, the other characters are staring at me with this "what the hell?" look on their faces.

And then I flip over my character sheet, and show how much explosives I'm packing.

There's a loud "whumph", and the dragon's neck is neatly severed. Dragon bits shower the party.

Everyone stares at me, slack-jawed.

The GM stares at me, I think he mutters "oh God"... then he composes himself and says "well, you're dead. Okay, so, you're all staring in disbelief at the carnage. What do you do?"

The party wound up looting the dragon's corpse for magical components.
Neurosis
You. Win. Shadowrun.
WyldKnight
You are now my hero.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Sep 30 2010, 08:57 PM) *
You are now my hero.

Hee!

Oh, important info:

the most important change to the build I made was to remove most of the leg-mounted explosives, for a pair of hydraulic jacks. Being able to leap onto the Dragon's head from a dead-start was the only way I pulled this off.
WyldKnight
Uncle Zonga, will I be able to leap on dragons and suicide bomb them to death when I get big and strong like you?
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Sep 30 2010, 09:04 PM) *
Uncle Zonga, will I be able to leap on dragons and suicide bomb them to death when I get big and strong like you?

Maybe, if you eat your wheaties!
Malbur
New to shadowrun. Such WIN. biggrin.gif... so are you allowed to start a new character? What the hell is the team gonna do now? biggrin.gif
Neurosis
Well first off, from THAT much explosives, they should probably be dead.

Along with half a city block. : )
Medicineman
Why a Troll ?
Standard Cyberarms/legs have BOD,AGI and STR of 3 !!
You'd be needing lots of y190 and Slots to upgrade the Attributes !

QUOTE (Malbur @ Oct 1 2010, 12:12 AM) *
New to shadowrun. Such WIN. biggrin.gif... so are you allowed to start a new character? What the hell is the team gonna do now? biggrin.gif

For the New One biggrin.gif
This Char is NOT a Teamplayer and I doubt He'll be played at all (or for more than ,maybe ,1 or 2 Sessions)

Hokahey
Medicineman
Malbur
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Oct 1 2010, 12:30 AM) *
For the New One biggrin.gif
This Char is NOT a Teamplayer and I doubt He'll be played at all (or for more than ,maybe ,1 or 2 Sessions)

Hokahey
Medicineman

Haha, I didn't think that character would be allowed again, I merely meant if *YOU* would be allowed again nyahnyah.gif.
Kruger
I'm quite torn on this. One one hand, I hate you because it's the dumbest character concept ever and you ruined the entire game for everyone else, and wasted the GM's time.

However, that's pretty damned funny. My inner 14 year old salutes you.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Kruger @ Sep 30 2010, 11:33 PM) *
I'm quite torn on this. One one hand, I hate you because it's the dumbest character concept ever and you ruined the entire game for everyone else, and wasted the GM's time.

Oh, I know. It was a dick move. But I pulled it off with enough pinache and flair that everyone had a good laugh, and the GM was able to recover.

No, I won't be going back. I had my fun.

However, that's pretty damned funny. My inner 14 year old salutes you.

returns salute
WyldKnight
You have inspired me into using demolitions more often. How much explosive do you think could be fit in a single rat? A good swarm of them may be able to do some damage.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Oct 1 2010, 06:44 PM) *
You have inspired me into using demolitions more often. How much explosive do you think could be fit in a single rat? A good swarm of them may be able to do some damage.

Mix it in with peanut butter, and wrap a wristwatch around the rat to make a mobile bomb!

Hollywood makes 100% accurate portrayals, right?
WyldKnight
haha, actually I was thinking along the lines of biodrones and maybe controlling them to go through the sewer system, pop out of someones toilet scurry to that guys room, sit on his face, and then explode.
Dahrken
I would say around 1/10 of the body mass of the animal.

The biodrones hardware to control the rodent can quickly turns this into an expensive proposition.
WyldKnight
Perhaps, but killing someone who made their fortune by stealing the rights to a cartoon rodent from it's rightful owners with an explosive rat makes it worth it.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Oct 1 2010, 06:56 PM) *
Perhaps, but killing someone who made their fortune by stealing the rights to a cartoon rodent from it's rightful owners with an explosive rat makes it worth it.

Death by irony? Oh hell yes, no cost is too great. Biologicals may be a better option than explosives, though.

I guess it all depends on your sense of style.
WyldKnight
Hmmm good point. My style is usually an "accidental" prick with a poison needle on a busy street, a quick apology, and then melding into the crowd before the target keels over. Could a rat act as a carrier for HMHVV? Just considering my options.
Christian Lafay
So no Bust-A-Move IEDs? My personal favorite.
WyldKnight
Tried it a couple of times but once when we were doing it our GM had a kid come around the corner all of a sudden and run up to the doll to pick it up. We had to abort it immediately and split into two teams. One to finish the job and the other to remove the explosives from the doll, we wanted the kid to keep it cuz we thought it may make them sad if Mr. Buttons just suddenly disappeared.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012