Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vehicle Pilot question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JeffSz
If someone knows of a page in the core rulebook that answers any part of my q', that'd be great, but i also want opinions!

My group is about to start a new SR campaign with new characters: I decided that to solve the problem of absent (yet useful) character types and yet avoid putting NPCs in the spotlight too much, there will be a pair of guys who hire themselves to the PC's as "Runner Support" - an entirely defensive mage and a street doc, both armed with automatic weapons loaded with gelrounds and/or stick'nshock and smoke grenades. They drive around in a stolen DocWagon, providing a measure of protection, medical care, and a swift getaway if the drek hits the fan.

The DocWagon in game terms is a bulldog step van combined with a mobile medical shop (I don't have Arsenal yet; is there a DocWagon ambulence in there? That'd be awesome) and my Troll Cyber-Sam player is concerned that, should both medical bays be taken up, he will not fit in the vehicle with the other characters when they need to escape.

My question is, how smart is a Pilot program? The Troll has his own vehicle: a custom-built troll-sized chopper (with double-wide wheels!) I want to know whether it would be a simple thing for him to slave the bike to the Van and have it follow behind without him, or even meet him at a certain predetermined point; perhaps only if one or more characters is wounded, and he knew he wouldn't fit, he could then call the bike to an extraction point (otherwise he wouldn't need it and could ride with the others) And whether this sophistication in a Pilot program would be standard of if the PC would have to buy it from the Matrix Programs section of Gear.

Also...i've never been in a step-van. Is one of these large enough to hold a troll -and- two human-sized patients on gourneys -and- two or three other human-sizers?
CanRay
Depends on the model you get.

They probably range in intelligence from "Please enter destination. Thank you, now connecting to GridGuideâ„¢", to the Johnny-Cab from Total Recall.

For a bit extra, you get a personality that you DON'T want to shoot!

Or, you can luck out and get something like Dezzy. (Not my group or website, but I gotta give props to the group that has him!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012