Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real life proof of karma pool!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wounded Ronin
As a SR3 GM I often felt that karma pool, once it got bigger than about 10 dice, really ended up messing with my games. I felt like the reroll failures use of karma pool, which didn't even burn karma, created situations where player characters could be hit by high-powered rifles but just shrug any ill effects off. For me, I felt it created a feeling of unrealisticness in the game.

However, after seeing some rare camera footage someone uploaded to YouTube, I realized that there are at least some real world situations where people can act like that. The bottom line is unpredictability, I think.

Have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdQldhv_KK4
CanRay
Wow, lots of cops for one measley murder!
Chrysalis
I am unsure how a clip from Ninja 3: The Domination (1984) confirms reality.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Apr 21 2008, 04:30 PM) *

Hey buddy, maybe you don't remember, but that's how we used to roll in the 80s.
CanRay
I still have my skinny leather tie somewhere, I think. blush.gif
nezumi
This is why all major police departments need helicopters full of other ninjas (the feared BLUE ninja!)

My wife also points out that a 20-10 is clearly the police code for 'ninja attack'.

But yes, I think you make a reasonable point - Karma Pool reaches a level where it's basically hitpoints for The Other Game.
CanRay
20-09 is Pirate Attack. 20-11 is a Ninja-Pirate war.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Apr 21 2008, 10:30 PM) *

Because Wounded Ronin has a fixation with bad 80s music/tv/films and ninjas. I'd estimate 90% or more of his posts on dumpshock revolve around them in one way or another, whether it really applies to the topic at hand or not.
CanRay
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Apr 21 2008, 08:05 PM) *
Because Wounded Ronin has a fixation with bad 80s music/tv/films and ninjas. I'd estimate 90% or more of his posts on dumpshock revolve around them in one way or another, whether it really applies to the topic at hand or not.

Which is exceptional when it's one he started himself!

Now that takes talent!
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 21 2008, 08:39 PM) *
This is why all major police departments need helicopters full of other ninjas (the feared BLUE ninja!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODdSEEzugM8
Method
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 21 2008, 03:04 PM) *
I still have my skinny leather tie somewhere, I think. blush.gif

Actually, its probably back in style... ohplease.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012