Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many Free Actions per combat turn, and using missile parry?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ranger
How many Free Actions do you get per combat turn? How about if you have wired reflexes 2, and thus have 3 IPs?

A semi-related question: How do you declare that you are using the Missile Parry adept power? It's a Free Action to use, but the description doesn't state that it's usable as an interrupt action. Does that mean you have to declare that you're delaying your Free Action to parry a missile?
Tarantula
Per SR4, 132, A. Declare Actions, "The character may also declare one Free Actino during eithe rthis Action Phase or on any subsequent Action Phases in the Combat Turn. Likewise, any character who has already acted in the Combat Turn prior to this Action Phase and still has his Free Action left may declare it at this point if he chooses."

You get one Free Action per IP. You can use it at the same time as you act, or anytime later. You can't use it before you act.

As long as the adept has acted before the mook throwing a knife, (and hasn't used his free action) the adept can declare use of missile parry on the mooks AP, and thusly parry the knife.
Ranger
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Apr 22 2008, 09:33 AM) *
Per SR4, 132, A. Declare Actions, "The character may also declare one Free Actino during eithe rthis Action Phase or on any subsequent Action Phases in the Combat Turn. Likewise, any character who has already acted in the Combat Turn prior to this Action Phase and still has his Free Action left may declare it at this point if he chooses."

You get one Free Action per IP. You can use it at the same time as you act, or anytime later. You can't use it before you act.

As long as the adept has acted before the mook throwing a knife, (and hasn't used his free action) the adept can declare use of missile parry on the mooks AP, and thusly parry the knife.

Okay, that's a usable interpretation. I kind of thought that's what the text was saying, but wasn't quite sure. Definitely, that makes missile parry usable; I was thinking it was a completely useless power. Actually, I still think it's not all that great, but I gave it to an NPC just for flavor purposes.

Thanks for the reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012