Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puppeteer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
weblife
A spirit inhabiting a car can drive it and inherits its base speeds.

So, if I have a drone or even a toy with all the mechanical parts needed to move and fly, I could prepare it as a vessel for any Posession spirit?

Fx. the small flying drone, except a toy version with the flaps, engine etc. but no technical "brain" in it.

What would such a high quality toy cost?

Also, another must have pet, is the synthskin serpent with complete artificial skeleton and sinews. Again a toy version, without the brains part.

Price?

Mmm, and another thing, a classic golem is described as having hinges in its limbs to be able to move. Fair enough, solid matter can't bend.

But what if the toy is a teddybear? - Its got no hinges, but is soft enough that the same force could definately animate somthing as fluffy as that. Can a spirit move within the limits of any vessel that is soft enough?

What about a sheet of paper? - Silly, yes, but hey, can the spirit fold itself? - Can it waddle along in its paper form?

If I make a vessel, like a knife, and add little limbs with hinges, I would have a dual-purpose vessel where I can use it as a weapon, or let the spirit do its own thing. (Though not very fast, at least slightly mobile) - Thoughts?

Anyone got a really cool toy/vessel in their campaigns I can snatch and use to great fun? smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (weblife @ Apr 22 2008, 05:50 PM) *
What about a sheet of paper? - Silly, yes, but hey, can the spirit fold itself? - Can it waddle along in its paper form?

I don't know if this is possible, but the idea of a Roll of Paper (One of the giant ones used by Newspapers!) unfurling itself, and folding itself into an Oregami Soldier and coming at me would fill everyone with dread!
krakjen
For those who know the anime Read Or Die, that presents some pretty awesome possibilities...
Triggerz
QUOTE (weblife @ Apr 22 2008, 06:50 PM) *
Mmm, and another thing, a classic golem is described as having hinges in its limbs to be able to move. Fair enough, solid matter can't bend.

But what if the toy is a teddybear? - Its got no hinges, but is soft enough that the same force could definately animate somthing as fluffy as that. Can a spirit move within the limits of any vessel that is soft enough?

Well, the teddybear vessel works in Bleach, so I'd allow it. nyahnyah.gif

As for the sheet of paper, that's a really cool idea! (Just keep it away from Fire spirits!)

As a general guideline on what is soft and what is hard, I'd look at the Psychokinesis power in the BBB and give the Ally that, with a range of Self. Or simply use the spirit's Force as its Strength when trying to determine what it can move and how fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012