Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to make a character that
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
marinco
can run super freaking fast like, as fast as a car, and only has melee fighting skills. Cyberware only please, I want him to be a USABLE character, so...not everything into running but, again, I want him to be able to run like..40-50/mph if thats at all possible.

Have been trying for the last three days and I feel retarded not being able to do it lol...so..any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Larme
Get two cyberlegs. Upgrade their strength and agility as much as you can. Make them modular. Add raptor cyberlegs. Add cyberskates to the raptor legs. Add toe razors to the raptor cyberlegs. Now you have a character who runs fast, has a bonus to gymnastics, and has powerful slicey kicks.
marinco
i guess im retarded then, because i did that. but my calculations kept coming out to like..15/mph. i was pretty sure i was wrong but, if someone could figure out the CORRECT mph, that would be lovely smile.gif
Squinky
Trolls have the highest move rater per turn, and melee stats as well. He almost has to be one.
ElFenrir
Well, ok here. Im a fan of the melee guy, so I might could be some help.

First keep in mind you might want a couple points in throwing weapons. But if your Agility is high enough you can default in an emergency.

You want to boost up that Agility. It's your melee skill and will help out with things: and Strength helps running.

Now, i'm assuming you are using the Availability rules at chargen. Here's something i'll whip up:

[ Spoiler ]

I dunno about 40-50 mph without the raptor legs, but this is the non raptor leg version.

I would totally build the machine with them if I had Aug in front of me(I have my own elf guy with uberlegs and torso...and let me tell you the things he can do is a little...crazy. Like, i only really feel not guilty playing him in the occational one or two nights at a time before I switch back to a more...reasonable character that doesn't shatter skulls before breakfast. He WAS built without Availability at chargen though so your guy would be a bit different in the end.)

But you CAN build a cybered up monster that isn't gamebreaking, so don't worry. biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

But yeah, Raptor Legs with Nightengale Feet of Fury would give another...4 DV to kicks?
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (marinco @ Apr 23 2008, 12:39 AM) *
i guess im retarded then, because i did that. but my calculations kept coming out to like..15/mph. i was pretty sure i was wrong but, if someone could figure out the CORRECT mph, that would be lovely smile.gif

The following stats are SR4.

Ork base movement rate = 25 meters per turn (8.33 meters per second).
Raptor cyberlegs increase this by 50%, to 37.5 meters per turn (12.5 meters per second).
Cyber-skates increase this by 50%, to 56.25 meters per turn (18.75 meters per second).

now, one meter per second equals 3.6 kilometers per hour, so this gives you a base running speed of 67.5 kilometers per hour (42 mph).

This may be augmented each turn by making a (Strength + Running) test. Therefore, you want both cyber-legs to have a maxed-out Strength of 15, and the Ferrari Sprinter optimization (+2 to Running tests). You get this by getting the Genetic Optimization mod (0.2 Essence) and taking Exceptional Attribute: Strength, then filling your raptor legs' capacity with Strength enhancements. Assuming you take Aptitude: Running and max out your Running skill to 7, you have (15 + 7 + 2)=24 dice to roll per combat turn, with each hit adding +0.66 meters per second (+2.4 kph, or +1.5 mph). Given that you can 'trade' 4 dice for one auto-hit, that works out to 6 hits - giving you a sustained running speed of 83 kph (52 mph).

Those legs will cost you about 125,000 nuyen and 2.0 Essence, and the Genetic Optimization will cost you another 45,000 nuyen and 0.1 Essence. That works out to 175,000 nuyen, or 34 BP at chargen. Add to that your Ork Metatype (20 BP), Exceptional Strength (20 BP), Aptitude: Running (10 BP), and maxing out Running (36 BP), and you're spending 120 BP to be able to maintain highway speeds on-foot.

I've built the exact same build before, but as an elf SINner and sans the unarmed combat skills - she was a contract bike-courier without the bike. wink.gif
Cthulhudreams
You can only run faster than cars if people let you take multiple sprint actions. Then you can run extremely fast.
Tarantula
You can't have ferrari sprinter modification AND raptor cyberlegs. Modular limbs cannot be optimized, and raptor cyberlegs are a replacement for a modular limb.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Apr 23 2008, 01:39 AM) *
You can't have ferrari sprinter modification AND raptor cyberlegs. Modular limbs cannot be optimized, and raptor cyberlegs are a replacement for a modular limb.

D'oh! I don't suppose there's a 'non-modular' version of the raptor legs available?
marinco
QUOTE (ElFenrir @ Apr 22 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Well, ok here. Im a fan of the melee guy, so I might could be some help.

First keep in mind you might want a couple points in throwing weapons. But if your Agility is high enough you can default in an emergency.

You want to boost up that Agility. It's your melee skill and will help out with things: and Strength helps running.

Now, i'm assuming you are using the Availability rules at chargen. Here's something i'll whip up:

[ Spoiler ]

I dunno about 40-50 mph without the raptor legs, but this is the non raptor leg version.

I would totally build the machine with them if I had Aug in front of me(I have my own elf guy with uberlegs and torso...and let me tell you the things he can do is a little...crazy. Like, i only really feel not guilty playing him in the occational one or two nights at a time before I switch back to a more...reasonable character that doesn't shatter skulls before breakfast. He WAS built without Availability at chargen though so your guy would be a bit different in the end.)

But you CAN build a cybered up monster that isn't gamebreaking, so don't worry. biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

But yeah, Raptor Legs with Nightengale Feet of Fury would give another...4 DV to kicks?

thats just about perfect for what i was looking for, although the martial arts maneuvers i dont really get considering i have not gotten arsenal yet :'( but yea, thank you, SAWEEEEET lol. although i WILL make a few minor modifications

and a thanks to everyone else for their input, all greatly appreciated
Shiloh
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Apr 23 2008, 01:39 AM) *

And you can't have limbs with rating >3 without a torso, IIRC, so the essence cost is rather larger.
Tarantula
QUOTE (Shiloh @ Apr 23 2008, 04:36 AM) *
And you can't have limbs with rating >3 without a torso, IIRC, so the essence cost is rather larger.

You can't have limb enhancements beyond +3 without a torso. You can have custom limbs up to natrual maximums without issue (except for availibility).
weblife
Arsenal adds Inline Skates, they also add 50% walk and run speed and have no drawbacks compared to the cyber versions.

I'm fairly certain that this speed demon could be done "better" as a Mystic Adept with Posession trad. and a spirit with Movement power active.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012