Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aprils Chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Casper
Any word on how it went and what was revealed?
Method
General consensus was that it was pretty fun, but hard to follow.

Transcript will be posted soonish, when Adam gets done with a trade show.

I managed to catch that Tempo is an awakened drug that forces people to perceive the astral, but has some other nasty side effects (highly addictive, personality changes, maybe mind control). No one knows where it comes from, but they've determined that all the product is from a single source. I think Brackhaven won the election but I missed that part of the chat. Oh, and Fatima got killed in the gangland violence.
Prospero
That's pretty much it. There was other stuff about specific locations - major violence over tempo in Kowloon, for example - and something about various gangs (different ones in different places) distributing tempo (Seolpa rings, or what's left of them) in Seattle, for example.

Oh, and the head of the Shotozumi-rengo got assassinated, but that seemed to get fairly glossed over in all the tempo talk.
CanRay
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 23 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Oh, and Fatima got killed in the gangland violence.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... frown.gif

Not many of the old 'Runners left.
Prime Mover
Transcript this week?
Adam
My flight home is tonight, so I'll be back in my office and working on all sorts of stuff tomorrow.
Malicant
Hooray!
martindv
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 23 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Oh, and Fatima got killed in the gangland violence.

AHAHAHAHAHA
FlakJacket
Huh? What's with the reaction?
martindv
Hm. Let me think.

1. I hate trogs.
2. I hate Fatima.
3. I think it's goddamn hilarious that a "street-level" runner went out like that.
4. I see it as a pretty clear metaphor for the idea that those runners are worthless and disposable.
5. Fast Jack's judgment sucks in thinking she was worth giving access to Jackpoint.
Adam
Transcript coming today; my flight on monday night got delayed and I missed my connection and didn't get home until about 10 hours after I expected to.
CanRay
Yeah, too bad the airlines aren't as reliable as T-Bird Runs, eh?
Ancient History
Chat Transcript up.

All together now! "Thank You Adam."
Leofski
"Thank You, Adam!"

Now nose back to the grindstone nyahnyah.gif.
CanRay
Thank you, Adam.

*Calls ShadowTeam* "Alright, he made the deadline. Pull it in. Sorry to Trixie, but she can't whip him to work on it now."
vladski
*ahem* Thank you, Adam!

Damn... you guys call that "together?" Sheesh... I thought with all this nifty new SR4 gear we were supposed to be able to sync up like.. well, like a sync-y thing that really syncs.

I knew I should have gotten more than a rating one comlink. frown.gif

Vlad
Prime Mover
Thanks Adam

This one was for sure the best read of all chats so far.
FlakJacket
So Kenneth won the election for Governor? Hah. Isn't the office of state Governor considered a very good jumping off point for Presidential candidates over there in the US? Shades of the election of 2057 perhaps? smile.gif
Drogos
There have been a number of former Govenors propelled into the White House. I would imagine that since he has been beaten once in a Presidetnial election though, that he will be beaten again. Add to that the aparent problems plaguing Seattle and his inability to meet the promises he made during his campaign, he is likely four ways fragged.
martindv
How do you figure? Arnold Schwarzenegger was looking like a dead duck governor in 2005. And yet he pulled off a spectacular comeback. John McCain's candidacy was dead last fall. You cannot, especially in SR where crises come daily or weekly and the attention span is measured in seconds, write off anything.
CanRay
Great...

Hurry up, someone give another Dragon a UCAS Citizenship!
Fortune
As far as I know, Brackhaven was a very close second to Dunkleberry in '57.
CanRay
Which is why I'm suggesting a Citizenship now. Give the Dragon longer to run a campaign. nyahnyah.gif
kanislatrans
Much Grass,Adam!

I loved the format,

and to Prime_mover, thanks for dropping my D>O>W into the thread wobble.gif bonus karma for you next run!

however, now that they are all strung out on tempo, I'll have to raise the threat level a couple of inches.

" No good deed goes unpunished, outlander!" wobble.gif wobble.gif

Fortune
QUOTE (CanRay)
Which is why I'm suggesting a Citizenship now. Give the Dragon longer to run a campaign.

I wasn't actually responding to your post, but rather (believe it or not) Drogos', which was the last in the thread when I hit Reply. Too many open tabs. biggrin.gif
Drogos
Oh yeah, he is a possible, I'm just hoping he lets his true colors come out in the current crisis. At least that's how I would run him.
quentra
Mmmm.....Adventure hooks. Gotta love em.
Aaron
Thanks, Adam. I've been been waiting with some anticipation.

Also: Holy crap, it's huge.
quentra
Aaron - Tempo through Europort? Ideas ideas....XD
Ryu
Thanks Adam! Reading once I stop typing...
Aaron
QUOTE (quentra @ May 2 2008, 07:18 AM) *
Aaron - Tempo through Europort? Ideas ideas....XD

You seem to already have something in mind, but I'd have no complaint if you worked it in. Of course, you might want to be careful, at least until the book hits the streets (or the PDF section).
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Drogos @ May 2 2008, 01:00 PM) *
Oh yeah, he is a possible, I'm just hoping he lets his true colors come out in the current crisis. At least that's how I would run him.

God I hope they don't do that. For once I'd love to have an extremist group that doesn't act like a cardboard cutout or make silly mistales, only really being there for the 'good guys' to knock down and beat.
Ancient History
It was a lot of fun, if a little cruel in that one spot. Gotta do it again sometime.
CanRay
Yeah, I really want to jump in on things like this!
Backgammon
I want to hear more about the Kowloon 5000 dead with ungodly Yama King badasses standing on the pile and roaring . That's fucking EPIC.
Jeremiah Legacy
One interesting tidbit caught my eye: Aztechnology giving info to Interpol to try to crack down on Tempo.

It could be fake, but ... what if it isn't?

What could be so bad that it's sharing the hell out of Aztechnology?
CanRay
If it's got the Azzie's scared, then I'm no longer sleeping with a pistol under my pillow. I'm upgrading to a SMG!
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Jeremiah Legacy @ May 4 2008, 07:00 AM) *
One interesting tidbit caught my eye: Aztechnology giving info to Interpol to try to crack down on Tempo.

It could be fake, but ... what if it isn't?

What could be so bad that it's sharing the hell out of Aztechnology?

Well Aztechnology and the Ghost Cartels have always had an extremely hostile relationship ever since they formed so that's not surprising. Plus it's probably cutting in on their markets so why not use the cops to help take out the competition.
Blue eyes
Thank you for putting it up Adam, lots of interesting info. Participated in it myself, was fun but a little chaotic, so its great to have a transcript of it now.

Brackhaven won.... And here silly old me thought it couldn't get any worse in UCAS nice one! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012