Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits w/ masking?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
masterofm
Riley37 and the rest, don't read on as this pertains to a mini quest I plan on using at one point during game.

Basically for my story I am trying to have a former runner (now turned NPC) who is basically going to try and replace himself with a souped up Mitsuhama Tomino. It will have the flesh upgrade constructed to look like the runner himself (except the face) and he will be wearing a face mask over it's face, which is what the character has always done. Now the only problem is that the three mages in the party (or any other mage for that matter) would spot the fake in about 2 seconds looking on the astral. Now is there any way to bind a spirit for a year and a day to give it masking and shove it inside of this drone? The drone itself is meant to be used as protection in case anyone tries to kill him during a high end sale of some very very valuable goods. The other people will have a mage, since it is a high end trade. What spirit might I be able to use (besides a free spirit) to possibly defend that this bound spirit has masking on it as one of its powers or abilities. This is basically a cool excuse to give an NPC an extra life that I plan to use in a mission, as well as catch the party off guard. I mean it cost him about a half a million nuyen.gif to do it, but you know.... as a concept can I pull this off w/o having to go into rule bending time?

Thank you for your time.
deek
I'm not seeing anything in the core or Street Magic that allow spirits to initiate and therefore gain any metamagic abilities.
CanRay
Free Spirits can get it.

So, first, find the True Name of a Free Spirit, then piss it off by binding it.

Of course, if you want an example of what happens when you have a fragged off Free Spirit after you, read the first story listed in my Sig.
weblife
The power you need is described on p. 98 of Street Magic.

But you also need it to have Inhabitation and have attained a "flesh-form" - Only then is it completely impossible to detect it by physical means.

If its only possessing, then its spotted on a perception 6-Force test, which is probably easy. And if it attains Hybrid as Inhabitor, the threshold is only 5, again something some can see through.

So a Free Spirit, with Inhabitation and the desired result on the Inhabitation test.

You could create one... By making an Ally spirit, then setting it free. It will be allowed to choose new powers equal to its remaining Edge, and on these lists are the Aura Masking Power.

And since you parted on good terms voluntarily, its within the realm of possible plans to hatch.

And its doable for the neighborhood of 60 Karma and some money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012