Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Will
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
Call me crazy, but isn't the focus will manoeuvre a cheap way to get +2 on many drain resistance tests? It costs 7 BP to get, and you even get another benefit in there to boot (like Ninjitsu's +1 to infiltration tests, which is essentially worth 4BP).

I thought "There must be something that denies it", but I looked and I can't see anything. frown.gif
Squinky
It takes a complex action to use. So pretty much not that great in combat. Could be cool in summoning spirits ahead of time.
borg286
what is this focus will thing ?
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (borg286 @ May 21 2008, 04:15 PM) *
what is this focus will thing ?

One of the Martial Arts Manuvers from Arsenal.
borg286
One question off topic since this one is dead: are spirit's skills capped at 6? If I summon a force 8 spirit, does he have dodge 8 or 6?
Fortune
No, Spirits are not capped at 6 (or any Force rating), but they do get progressively harder to summon and control the higher that rating is.

Edit: Misread the question ... no, the Spirit's Skills are not capped at 6.
nathanross
I personally allow Focus Will to apply towards Drain Resistance tests. The only issue is spirits, but then again, spirit drain is a bitch already, so why not?
borg286
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 21 2008, 02:58 PM) *
No, Spirits are not capped at 6 (or any Force rating), but they do get progressively harder to summon and control the higher that rating is.

Edit: Misread the question ... no, the Spirit's Skills are not capped at 6.

Reference? Or reasoning.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (borg286 @ May 21 2008, 04:49 PM) *
Reference? Or reasoning.

Cause it says spirits skill level = force, and does not suggest a cap for it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012