Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Cost of Magical Materials
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
"Now, for the difference between artificial and natural blueberries is this... The artificial blueberries won't stain your teeth." I looked, and, indeed, there was some blue tinge to the remaining teeth on him.

"This is about those BERRIES?"? The punk asked, disbelievingly, "Dude, I can get you berries! I can get you all the berries you want! Just let me go, and we can sort this out!"

"Oh... You can get me berries, right?" The Johnson asked, a dangerous look coming over him.

"Yes."? Our bound idiot replied, gulping.

"You can get me berries just like those? You can get me Berries from the Canadian Shield, picked under the light of a full moon by virgin women, blessed by a druid?"? The Johnson demanded, thrusting himself face-to-face with the ragged bound form.

- "A Night To Never Remember" Chapter 10

OK folks, I'm just wondering how much money Mr. Johnson is out here, and just how much nuyen.gif the Bloody Razors power-ate their way through. That is some very specific requirements for the magical items, and so we're not going to be talking about standard prices here.

He also had to get them harvested from a Saeder-Krupp Nature Preserve, to boot!

Figure we're talking 100 units, for ease of math.
Ancient History
There's a table in the back of Street Magic. Sounds like natural refined herbal reagents to me.
CanRay
Thought it might have been more than that with such stringent requirements, but OK. smile.gif
Ancient History
There's an issue of the comic Preacher where the titular character is buying some peyote off the grandson of a Navajo medicine man, and is struck a bit by the crassness of the act and lack of religious ritual surrounding it. The AmerInd replies that he can get his grandfather to chant something over it for another $50, but it won't get him any higher.

Long story short: ritual is well and fine in its place, but sometimes you just need the 2ccs of mouse blood and some bits of wood.
CanRay
Fair 'nuff.

Just like all you need to summon Death is an egg. nyahnyah.gif
Cain
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 26 2008, 05:52 PM) *
Fair 'nuff.

Just like all you need to summon Death is an egg. nyahnyah.gif

It has to be a fresh egg, though. cool.gif
krakjen
I thought you also needed 2 small sticks...
Stahlseele
dammit, now i wanna make a conjourer type magician that uses those things as fetishes or something like that to get his ancestors to talk to him again . .
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 27 2008, 09:27 AM) *
dammit, now i wanna make a conjourer type magician that uses those things as fetishes or something like that to get his ancestors to talk to him again . .

Glad to see I'm giving people ideas. biggrin.gif

BTW, I was thinking that the person ordering it was going to use it as Dye for Leatherwork. Not entirely sure that Blueberries can be used as such (Despite growing up in Blueberry Country), but, what the hell, it's Magic. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012