-CONTACTS- [39]

Chief L2 C4
Todd (street level informant) L2 C3
Sally (prostitute) L2 C3
Frank (Evidence room) L4 C3
Johnny (LS armory) L4 C3
Bobby (Records) L5 C4

-DESCRIPTION-
A gruff Lonestar beatcop who's simply trying to supplement his retirement fund via whatever means necessary.
WearzManySkins
No knowledge of the Ork Underground?

Rating 1 skills you are almost better not taking them then defaulting.

Low Lifestyle Lone Star must have improved the pay. grinbig.gif

WMS
Mickle5125
QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Apr 27 2008, 09:38 PM) *
No knowledge of the Ork Underground?

He wants to supplement his retirement fund, not die before he can get it! grinbig.gif
Rad
Hmm, offhand I'd say you should switch out the Colt Manhunter for an Ares Predator, and maybe consider the Lone Star SWAT cyberware suite from Augmentation, since your character has most of the mods anyway.

I've always considered the Manhunter to be the non-smartlink user's alternative to the Predator, since they have nearly identical stats except that one comes with an integral smartgun system (Ares Predator), and the other comes with a built-in laser sight (Colt Manhunter). Unless that one extra bullet per clip is really important to you, you'll save yourself a good chunk of change going with the Predator instead--250 nuyen, to be exact.

[EDIT]

Knowing about the Ork Underground doesn't mean he's working with them. Lots of cops would have knowledge about local gangs and organizations, that's just part of their job, to be up on what's going on in the streets.
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Rad @ Apr 27 2008, 10:15 PM) *
Hmm, offhand I'd say you should switch out the Colt Manhunter for an Ares Predator, and maybe consider the Lone Star SWAT cyberware suite from Augmentation, since your character has most of the mods anyway.

I've always considered the Manhunter to be the non-smartlink user's alternative to the Predator, since they have nearly identical stats except that one comes with an integral smartgun system (Ares Predator), and the other comes with a built-in laser sight (Colt Manhunter). Unless that one extra bullet per clip is really important to you, you'll save yourself a good chunk of change going with the Predator instead--250 nuyen, to be exact.

I don't have Augmentation unfortunately...

I went with the Manhunter because it's supposed to be more popular amongst law enforcement, so it was a gun that he would be used to and could probably swipe it from the armory with relative ease.
CanRay
Ruger Thunderbolt is Lone Star's signature weapon, IIRC. It's in Arsenal and the Lone Star books.
Rad
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Apr 27 2008, 08:18 PM) *
I don't have Augmentation unfortunately...

I went with the Manhunter because it's supposed to be more popular amongst law enforcement, so it was a gun that he would be used to and could probably swipe it from the armory with relative ease.

Well, I think part of the reason they listed it as "popular with law enforcement" is because most cops in shadowrun are portrayed as having less tech/ware than your average 'runners, so "popular with law enforcement" = "popular with people who don't have a smartlink"

Just my take, though.

As for the cyberware suite, the Lone Star SWAT suite is Flarecomp, Thermographic Vision and smartlink eye modifications, plastic bone lacing, and wired reflexes 1 for 16,875 nuyen.gif and 2.52 essence, with an availability of 12. There's also the "Watchman" version, which is the same thing but it's all alphaware so the cost is 33,750 nuyen.gif and 1.96 essence, same availability.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012