Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Immortal Kombat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
so, yeah, i was curious about that
i'd have to say Ancient History, because i like his Style of writing, especially the Ancient Files . .
But Frank is a close Second for me, because he's most often dealing with the Cyber/Bio/Nano/Gen-Tech which is my favourite . .
Synner i can't really place anywhere somehow O.o

If i've forgotten somebody or a Choice please tell me and i'll try and add it in.
And please, let's keep things civil and on the positive side in here okay?
i don't really want examples of things people DON'T like about the guys supplying us with Stuff
Blade
Synner first, because most of the time I like his take on things (from what I can read on the boards).
I like AH's humor and I appreciate his work on his files, but I'm not so much into metaplots and magic thingies...
And I think you left out some great writers/freelancers, such as Demonseed Elite.
Stahlseele
i don't really know what synner DID write . . somehow, the Name synner does not connect with a special theme in SR with me @.@
and i put demonseed elite in there, just as i said that i would add in others if people told me about writers i forgot <.< . .
i ain't really into all that magic and metaplot crap either, but i am a sucker for fluff, and Uncle Ancient is THOROUGH in his Files ^^
Leofski
Synner (Peter Taylor) wrote a hell of a lot of cool stuff in Shadows of Europe. Or at least thats what I remember him for.

That said, I can't pick favorites of the three listed.
Smed
I've really enjoyed the work of AH and Demonseed Elite. However, my vote is for Frank. While he has come across a bit harsh on the boards on occasion, the stuff he wrote worked, both thematically and mechanically. Franks house rules are for the most part a great improvement to the game. In particular he seems to have a very good grasp on how the game mechanics affect game play.
Kagetenshi
Any reason you chose these particular four?

~J
Blade
He's probably talking about today's (4th ed at least, since Frank isn't writing for Shadowrun anymore) writers... And he picked out the better-known ones.
Stahlseele
'cause those are the only ones i know of being active around the boards . . and as i said, tell me if i forgot somebody and i will try and add them
Ancient History
Tiger Eyes, aka Jennifer Harding, did Los Angeles and Nairobi in Corporate Enclaves and a bunch of upcoming stuff.

Lars Blumenstein, aka LabRat, did the magical threats chapter in Street Magic, biotech in Augmentation and the entries for Europort and Hamburg among other things
Magus
I voted Auntie History, for his long time history and input to the Shadowrun History.
Plus how can I not vote for another Floridiot?

I think Fortune should be added the list: He is sink of knowledge and input in all versions.
Stahlseele
ok, i added the three of them, now to get people to vote for them so they don't feel all sad if they get no votes *g*
Fortune
QUOTE (Magus @ Apr 30 2008, 10:34 PM) *
I think Fortune should be added the list: He is sink of knowledge and input in all versions.

eek.gif

Damn! I voted too soon, and now I'll never get any! biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
sorry crumbs ^^#
FrankTrollman
I'm not a writer for them any more, so I probably should be taken out of the pool. You'd do as well to have Dowd and Findley.

-Frank
Fortune
Shrug. I ain't a writer at all, and I'm there for some reason. The more the merrier, but I think if you add Findley into the mix, he would win by a landslide. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
ok, i added them in . . but i generally wanted to do a thread about you guys on these very posting-grounds so you stay in there Franky-Boy! ò,Ó
Fortune
I still want my vote back! frown.gif biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
so get someone to vote for you *g*
sadly i can't manipulate the votes more than anyone else
FrankTrollman
I nulled my vote. Shadowrun authors ar like my family: I love and hate them all.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012